By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - First GeForce GTX 780 Review Leaks Out

http://videocardz.com/41960/first-geforce-gtx-780-review-leaks-out-inno3d-gtx-780-ichill-exposed

http://videocardz.com/41960/first-geforce-gtx-780-review-leaks-out-inno3d-gtx-780-ichill-exposed

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I am now even more sad nobody put something like this in their Consoles. I'm disappointed by both Sony and Microsoft as far as GPU power goes.

All I asked for was 2.5 Tflops, now that have 4! And next year, what 10Tflops?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Meh... the same TITAN... better the same Tesla launched in early 2012 with some units disabled.

Not a graphical move here... I expect a new generation of GPUs only in 2014.

CGI-Quality said:
Zappykins said:
I am now even more sad nobody put something like this in their Consoles. I'm disappointed by both Sony and Microsoft as far as GPU power goes.

There was no way they could have and realistically kept their machines under $500. Plus, basing the measure of power on TFLOPS is pointless, especially when what you asked for is only .66TFLOPS less on the most powerful console.

With all of that, it won't matter whn the console will be most taken advantage of, whether it's 2TFLOPS or 20.

I wouldn't say it's useless - it's a point of referance.   One is half the other is about fourty percent behind.

Well, were are probably going to be stuck with whatever, for 5+ years.  I would rather just be starting from a place that is a bit higher than it looks like this new gen.

I'm happy with the CPU's, just think they both missed the mark with the GPUs.

I am hoping to be happier when I see some demos in a few weeks.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

ethomaz said:

Meh... the same TITAN... better the same Tesla launched in early 2012 with some units disabled.

Not a graphical move here... I expect a new generation of GPUs only in 2014.

Well this was always going to be a Kepler refresh so this is what I was expecting. Dissapointed at the price tho was hoping to see Nvidia improve it's price/performance ratio. Maxwell will bring big changes tho exited to see that next year might hold out on upgrading my 560 Ti seeing as the GTX 700 series doesn't seem to be improving price performance as much as I was hoping and I really want a GPU with at least 3GB VRAM without paying through the nose which looks like it will mean wating for Maxwell or jumping back over to AMD.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Titan is one powerful card. If Im going to upgrade, it looks like I would save up for that. My 680 will keep me happy for awhile though. Just how I feel.

The Titans little brother. My 680 is going to rebranded as a 770. Happy with that.

CGI-Quality said:
Zappykins said:
CGI-Quality said:
Zappykins said:

There was no way they could have and realistically kept their machines under $500. Plus, basing the measure of power on TFLOPS is pointless, especially when what you asked for is only .66TFLOPS less on the most powerful console.

With all of that, it won't matter whn the console will be most taken advantage of, whether it's 2TFLOPS or 20.

I wouldn't say it's useless - it's a point of referance.   One is half the other is about fourty percent behind.

Well, were are probably going to be stuck with whatever, for 5+ years.  I would rather just be starting from a place that is a bit higher than it looks like this new gen.

I'm happy with the CPU's, just think they both missed the mark with the GPUs.

I am hoping to be happier when I see some demos in a few weeks.

I didn't say useless, I said pointless. Why do you need more than 1.84TFLOPS? For what purpose? What will you miss out on without that extra .66? You'll be fine for the next five years. If not, buy and build PC parts from scratch.

Wow, now you want me to lecture on the additional abilities that extra GPU power has?  Really, don't you have an internet?  Plus I don't have much confidence with the system with the 1.84 Tflops GPU on it.  The company makes a massive blunder every few years. It seems they will live up to their old reputation and multi plats, once again, will have all sorts of problems or missing features. (Dead Space 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, etc.) 

I thought with your name you would at least have a marginal understanding of CGI.

The GPU's in both underwhelm.

Tell me a funny joke!

Interesting card, but Nvidia also raised the price to go along with it. $650 is quite a big jump over the 680 and the 7970 GE.

Abroad the prices are even worse. In Japan the 780 is launching for 85,000 yen to 93,000 yen in that price range from what I've seen. I picked up my MSI Lightning 7970 BE (GE card) for just over 40,000 yen not to long ago so the 780 is more than double what I paid, ouch!

To be fair the Titan and 7990 launched at around the 120,000 yen to 135,000 yen price range. It's still way overpriced though as it does not offer a significant improvement over the 7970 GE to justify double the price. At least the Titan has the additional compute power (that's gimped on the 780) as well as the massive 6gb of ram to justify it's price.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I'm just hoping that this lowers prices for existing models. My ASUS 670 has yet to fail with Ultra 1080p 60fps (apart from Far Cry 3), so I think my best option will be a second one when they are cheap rather than this

Having said that, it is good to see a bit of competition in the GPU market, unlike the CPU market where Intel can just put tiny increments out each time because AMD aren't competitive, certainly in the desktop market