By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has non-replaceable hard drive, external storage is supported

wow, i didnt realise the xbox one had such HUGE ventelation.

Dust galore that one will be. So death by static lol.

My only issue with this is I hope there is a way to restore your xbone one if internal hdd dies. Hopefully at the end of the gen they will allow that to happen.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

nightsurge said:

This is bull. Trying to spread more FUD and misinformation without proof. Reported again, but seeing as how you keep getting away with stuff that others are banned for, I'm not optimistic.

Try again... I'm spread information from MS mouth.

http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/09/01/pax-podcast-2013/

"My understanding is that feature won't be there at launch because the team's working on other things. It's definitely on the list, but I don't know when it'll come in though."

That's very different than your claim of "most of the os features won't be ready at launch." We don't know what other things he is referring to, as they could be anything, even non-OS related. Either way nothing in his blog implies "MOST" of the features won't be ready. 

That's where your typical FUD comes in and how you use inaccurate info to try and support your claims and to trick people. 

nightsurge said:

You're thinking of the PS4. PS4 doesn't support external storage,  but supports upgrading internal storage. Xbox One does not allow internal storage replacement but DOES allow external HDD and Flash Drives.

Hope that helps :)

PS4 supports external storage but don't support install the games in external estorage... it never will support.

Xbone supports external storage but don't support intall the games in external estorage at launch... it will support in the future.

Just explain the way the fact are... please don't try to spread false information.

Cobretti2 said:

My only issue with this is I hope there is a way to restore your xbone one if internal hdd dies. Hopefully at the end of the gen they will allow that to happen.

Well since all your game and profile info can be saved to the cloud, all you would have to do is reinstall any games you have. Another great cloud feature since it is unlimited space for game saves, profiles, multimedia, etc.

nightsurge said:

That's very different than your claim of "most of the os features won't be ready at launch." We don't know what other things he is referring to, as they could be anything, even non-OS related. Either way nothing in his blog implies "MOST" of the features won't be ready.

That's where your typical FUD comes in and how you use inaccurate info to try and support your claims and to trick people.

Most feature aren't be ready at launch... MS already said that too... not my words.

Some example...

- No full support for voice commnads at launch
- No indie self publishing at launch
- No Xbox One devkip feature at launch
- No external storage at launch

I can list more for you.

Around the Network

ightsurge said:

You're thinking of the PS4. PS4 doesn't support external storage,  but supports upgrading internal storage. Xbox One does not allow internal storage replacement but DOES allow external HDD and Flash Drives.

Hope that helps :)

First things first. External storage for what exactly? For games or for everything?

If I wanna to play video from my external HDD, it still called "external HDD" for that console. If that quote from Nelson is right, then XBO don't support external storage. Like for everything. But I think he meant games only, because if not, it pretty stupid.

Putin said:
They selling multimedia device without support for external flash drives or HDD? wth...

Or they only mean "games"?

That's my assumption now...

The extrenal storage support is ready but you won't can use the games installed in a external HDD at launch... seems like his comments is about this feature.

Now copy multimedia, backup saves, etc in external HDD both PS4 and Xbone have support at launch.

nightsurge said:
Cobretti2 said:

Well since all your game and profile info can be saved to the cloud, all you would have to do is reinstall any games you have. Another great cloud feature since it is unlimited space for game saves, profiles, multimedia, etc.

Another question. Reinstall to which device? If you can't change HDD inside it.

Putin said:

First things first. External storage for what exactly? For games or for everything?

If I wanna to play video from my external HDD, it still called "external HDD" for that console. If that quote from Nelson is right, then XBO don't support external storage. Like for everything. But I think he meant games only, because if not, it pretty stupid.

Like I said I'm assuming external storage for game installation will not be ready at launch... everything else will be fine (play multimedia for example).

Putin said:

Another question. Reinstall to which device? If you can't change HDD inside it.

I'm sure the official MS support will can repair the HDD (change it)... you can't change yourself or find a new HDD for buy.