By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Game Voting

Would it be possible to make the voting of game scores visable.

Either in the persons profile, or in the game its self.

The reason I ask this is because the voting has gotten rather political, certain people I am sure are voting low scores for every popular game of a system and vice versa.

This makes the voting for games a tool, with people just voting lowest or highest depending on thier console preference, this completely makes the score an arbitary referebce of fanboy popluation of the site.

Some visability of this scoring vandalism would hope to curb it slightly 

Around the Network

I agree. We don't need anonymous voting for game rankings....

That said, there will always be people with too much time on their hands who create aliases and use those to artificially brings games up or down...

I think ioi has some site redesigns planned, probably after the next server upgrade.  I hope better tracking of voting is one of the areas...

I can't remember what games I voted for or didn't, and would like to be able to adjust my score later.  There are some games that I initially get, and first think it's great, but after 5 or 10 hours it just becomes monotonous and not fun anymore.  Other games, I get tired of after a couple of hours, then 6 months later I get back to it and find it just had a slow start, but once further into it the game rocks.

Agreed that way the scores would be more trustworthy.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

the scores have been debated since almost forever. just ignore them as everyone else does.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

It would be better if only people with over 200 posts could rate games, and that it's visible for everyone to see.

Around the Network

well, the scores don't matter cause most of the scores are either a 10 or a 1. For example, all the Ninty fanboys gave it a perfect 10 while the Sony fanboys all gave it a 1. So really, all the scores show is whether there are more Ninty or Sony or MS or whatever fanboys

I've noticed lately that when you search most popular games, you get games where one person voted for them and gave then a ten, so games like super mario galaxy, are behind games like CSI: Hard Evidence (Wii) which sucks to say the least. But because one person voted for it, it's like the top freakin game!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
__XBrawlX__ said:
I've noticed lately that when you search most popular games, you get games where one person voted for them and gave then a ten, so games like super mario galaxy, are behind games like CSI: Hard Evidence (Wii) which sucks to say the least. But because one person voted for it, it's like the top freakin game!
  That's why only games with 20+ votes are on the main page.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Agreed, I was thrown off when Umbrella Chronicles was voted an 8.01, which was better than any PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, PC, Genesis, Xbox and Xbox 360 game.