By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will you adopt next gen?(before big Xbox reveal)

When?

Near Launch(infinity) 42 43.30%

Near Launch(ps4) 31 31.96%

Not either for a while(1+ year) 11 11.34%

Soon(Wii U, less then 4 months) 6 6.19%

Not for a while(2+ years) 3 3.09%

Never(Wii U) 1 1.03%

Never(Xbox) 1 1.03%

Never(ps4) 2 2.06%

Total:97

So with the Xbox announcement coming tommarow, as of right now, when do you plan on adopting the next gen systems from Microsoft or Sony? Around launch? If you haven't gotten the wii u yet, when will you? What is your hype level for each from 1 being the least and 5 being the most?

Sony Ps4-around launch time-4

Microsoft Xbox Infinity-choice between this and ps4-4

Nintendo Wii U-not interested-1

Around the Network

I already have a Wii U, but I might pick up PS4 or Nextbox as a secondary system next year.

Day one for 720 and maybe PS4. I'm a high roller.

It's just that simple.

it depends on the price. ill be getting PS4 if its around 400 bucks by around march or feb next year. if its more expensive than that ill be waiting until it drops to 400 bucks

Where is the "already bought a Wii U" option? Or am I not understanding your general question of when I'll adopt next-gen?

Around the Network

My guess as of now?

Playstation 4 - 2014/2015 range, depends on games and price as always but this is likely my lead console
Hype Level 4

Wii U - 2015/2016 range, if Nintendo brings out their usual stable I'll get one eventually like I did with the Wii
Hype Level 3

X-Box - I would guess never like with 360, but give benefit of the doubt if Microsoft has games I want to play
Hype Level 1

superchunk said:
Where is the "already bought a Wii U" option? Or am I not understanding your general question of when I'll adopt next-gen?

Haha disregard the poll, I just noticed how flawed it was. Since you already have the wii u, do you plan on ever getting a ps4/infinity?

I will buy the next gen Xbox day one. Maybe a system a couple of years later, but neither Sony nor Nintendo offer exclusive games I care about.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

PS4 likely around launch as I really want something new and this generation have been going for far to long now. Might get a NextBox also at a later date and for the WiiU probably never.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Already there with my WiiU.

Then tomorrows Xbox reveal will decide whether I switch to PS4 or stick with Xbox for my 2nd console.