By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next-gen FIFA to be shown tomorrow at Xbox event

dsage01 said:
NYCrysis said:
dsage01 said:
SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:
SxyxS said:
dsage01 said:
SxyxS said:
Angelus said:
Heavenly_King said:
pezus said:
Seeing the generational jump for both CoD and FIFA will be interesting. Like I said in the other thread, I hope they didn't get some exclusivity deal on FIFA

I actually think they will.   M$ has lost this gen because of europe and Japan, so if they get better in Europe they might get better.

MS is a big winner this gen, they haven't lost anything

rrod= haven't lost anything.

strange kind of logik.

they still made the most money this gen though.

well.i'm not a math genius but.

nintendo have sold the most hardware-by far

they have sold ca 100 mio more discs with the wii than 360

they neither pay much for developing their top sellers(i guess they develop one zelda,2 marios and 1ssbm for the price of one halo,nor are they so stupid to pay 50-100mio for merchandising one single game)

they were the only to sell their console with profit

they have sold periphericals (balance board) with profit and without a 500million marketing campaign(kinect)

Nintendos 1st partys sold far more games than ms 1st parties

nintendo had no rrod and no 1year+ warranty

and ms still made more money????

Nintendo has massivley bundeld most of its games and given it away for free therefore not having actaully made large amounts of profits on those games as the sales of VGC show.

at least a try to explain but i still have a problem.

I see nintendo systems bundled with one game since the start(but the software ratio may drop from 7.5 to6.5 as long as you just count unbundled games.

and(i can only speak for germany) no console is bundled as much as the 360.I think most 360ies i've seen in retail are bundled with 3!!! games.that's what i've seen in the past 5 years.

and nintendo giving games away for free??are you kidding?Microsoft is said to be greedy but nintendo is selling their games after years for full price.

I wanted to buy zelda tp 3 years after release.i took 40 euro ,expecting to buy it for max 30 and one-two blu ray movies.I went to the store and left again without buying anything as the game was still 50euro-after 3 years.Nintendo is the last company to give games away for free.

halo 4 dropped within 3 month under 40 euro but those damned nintendo games don't.if nintendo is selling 10mio copies they sell 90% of them for almost full price-when MSony sell their games they sell 3 mio for full price and the rest(7mio) for 20-40 .

Its hard to have a conversatition with you as what you're saying is way too general and just basing everything off what you see.

Edit: When I get the time I'll share some facts regarding this issue

dude give it up. It's been established that nintendo made profits in the billions this gen which is far more than what ms sony made this gen. In one year nintendo made more profit then the profits of PS and Xbox combined this gen. 

prove it.

in 07 alone nintendo had a profit of $2.45 billion http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/24/nintendos-2007-profits-almost-double-fiscal-2006/

in 06 it was half of that $1.2 billion read article.

in 08 nintendo had a profit of over $4.77 billion http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/24/nintendo-continues-cash-infusion-record-sales-and-profits-in-fy/

in 09 $2.43 in profits http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-profits-fall-fiscal-2009

need i go into more?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
dsage01 said:
NYCrysis said:

dude give it up. It's been established that nintendo made profits in the billions this gen which is far more than what ms sony made this gen. In one year nintendo made more profit then the profits of PS and Xbox combined this gen. 

prove it.

Let's see. "Nintendo made more profit in one year than PlayStation and Xbox combined this generation."

Yes, this graph isn't complete, but it should do for now.

Nintendo's best year: $5.5 billion
Xbox since 360 launch: ($2 billion)
PlayStation since PS3 launch: ($5 billion)
Xbox and PlayStation combined: ($7 billion)

So by the end of March 2010 Nintendo held a $12.5 billion lead. Did Sony and Microsoft combined profit $12.5 billion from gaming in the last three years? No. No, they didn't.

How much money did Nintendo lose in the last three years though and how much did PS3 and 360 make?

it's going to be nothing, they will show fifa 14 with kinect support.

fifa cant have timed dlc on a certain console, nor can the game itself be exclusive

007BondAgent said:

fifa cant have timed dlc on a certain console.

Why not? I'm not saying it will, but MS could just gobble EA up if they wanted. The money the'd use to get exclusive DLC could be thesame money Bill Gates uses in his lavatory.

ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:

fifa cant have timed dlc on a certain console.

Why not? I'm not saying it will, but MS could just gobble EA up if they wanted. The money the'd use to get exclusive DLC could be thesame money Bill Gates uses in his lavatory.

ea listens to fifa, they don't own the fifa licence, they are meerly borrowing it, and considering fifa is a bigger franchise on playstation platforms, it would't be in their best interest to do this

Microsoft is most likely show casing this to get the word fifa accioiated with xbox.

Plus you have to remember, sony didn't once get exclusive dlc for fifa, and they had a partnership simular to this

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:

ea listens to fifa, they don't own the fifa licence, they are meerly borrowing it, and considering fifa is a bigger franchise on playstation platforms, it would't be in their best interest to do this

Hmm... I didn't know that. How many other companies have had the licence? Off the top of your head?

RolStoppable said:
dsage01 said:

How much money did Nintendo lose in the last three years though and how much did PS3 and 360 make?

This is the best thing I found:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5332030

If I can trust ethomaz's correction, Sony made a profit of about $800 million from gaming over the course of the last three years (the above post also shows Sony's result for the fiscal year that ended 1.5 months ago which wasn't included in the table). Nintendo made a profit of about $600 million over the last three years. I am not sure how Microsoft has been doing in the most recent year (and their fiscal year ends on June 30th 2013), but their profits from gaming should be in the range of $2-2.5 billion over the last three years.

if that's right than...Nintendo made the most money this generation I guess.

I know I'll get labeled fanboy for this, but showing off a sports title won't impress too many people I think. I mean how different will Fifa really look especially considering it's gotta work on 4 or 5 different systems? Same with COD for me. Then again MS will save its big guns for E3 so I suppose this could just be to show off Kinect 2.0 by demonstrating Fifa on it. Madden and Fifa didn't wow me this gen when they moved from PS2 and Xbox so I don't expect much next gen either and definitely won't pick up the first year of a sports game on a next gen console after the ones this gen cut out so many features in their first installment. Might get NHL 15 though as it's the only sports game with the right difficulty for me (Madden is the only other one I like but I can't get it to where it's difficult but not impossible because when I turn it up the oline doesn't block and qb can't throw and receivers all drop the passes so it's not the computer playing any smarter it's just them lazily downing the stats of your guys).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:

Hmm... I didn't know that. How many other companies have had the licence? Off the top of your head?

well it's just ea, but ea cant do whatever they want with it, they have to take it up with fifa, plus considering fifa currently have a partership with sony, it will just make it harder

platformmaster918 said:
 I suppose this could just be to show off Kinect 2.0 by demonstrating Fifa on it.

Fifa on Kinect 2.0.... If Kinect is as refined as they say.... I can't wait to see the potential.