By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Super Smash Bros Online Like? Eh...

I wonder how many people tried to connect the first day!... probably 30% of owners. (so assuming 400k sales first day that's like 120k)

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
This isn't the norm in online games. Halo 3, CoD4, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament III on the PS3 all worked when I first played them on thier respective first days. (I played my friends PS3 when UT3 first came out) But here's to hoping that they fix it for the american release.

from your example, only Halo 3 and CoD4 would be an example of good servers. Burnout didn't sell much, and neither did Unreal. Although I thought I heard that Halo 3 temporarily brought down the XBox live servers, but I really don't know.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

DMeisterJ said:
This isn't the norm in online games. Halo 3, CoD4, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament III on the PS3 all worked when I first played them on thier respective first days. (I played my friends PS3 when UT3 first came out) But here's to hoping that they fix it for the american release.

Wait since when is Halo 3 on the PS3? o_O And if you count the Beta test, no it really wasn't the best online experience then, they had to massively test it before they figured out what worked, same goes for any huge online game, SSBB will get fixed no problem, anyone jumping the gun should use a little sense, personally on release day I'll be playing single player to unlock the characters I want.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000