By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Man Tricks Girlfriend Into Getting Abortion

Also, I know another case where my mother had a friend who's children were taken from her because she smoked Marijuana during her pregnancies. The adopted parents, an upper-middle class family, get child support from her. She's been to prison multiple times because she is unable to pay the child support. So not only did she lose custody of her children for a drug less harmful than cigarettes, but she also has to pay child support for children she isn't even allowed to see? Custody laws and child support laws are horribly archaic and disgustingly intrusive. There's certainly a more fair system out there.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DamnTastic said:
Jay520 said:
The man should have to take responsibility for the baby since he made the conscious decision to have unprotected sex when he knew the risks.

What if the woman takes the pill and suddenly stops taking them without telling the man?

Probably the right reaction ;P

Jay520 said:
DamnTastic said:
Jay520 said:
The man should have to take responsibility for the baby since he made the conscious decision to have unprotected sex when he knew the risks.

What if the woman takes the pill and suddenly stops taking them without telling the man?

That's a risk that the man willingly took and he knew the consequences of that. He decided to trust his girlfriend without evidence and it was his own fault that he was deceived. For that, he should reap the consequences. When two people consciously decide to risk having a baby, then they need to both need to take responsibility if there is a baby.

Also, women don't have more power over men. A men has the power to have a baby with someone else who also wants a baby. Similarly, women only have power to have a baby with someone else who also wants a baby. So I'm not seeing how a woman has extra power to have a baby. Both men and women need to find a consenting, fertile mate.

Wait what, so in this story you’re suggesting it's the women fault because she took the tablets without  knowing what they were :s same scenario that your suggesting. There is no risk if she continued to take the pills which she agreed to *this scenario* that is a fault of her and not the man. It’s deception and entrapment and against his will. You also seem to suggest a guy can have a bay with anyone he wants, yes because a lover child is very much the same with a street fling. (Bold)Also quite clearly not, well not from what you say is fine, by you a women can also con a man into having a baby.

the2real4mafol said:

It don't work like that in the UK and i know because my so called dad don't finanicially support me and he hasn't done so for about 10 years now (he split with my mum). 

It does. The Child Support Agency determines the amount that the separated parent must pay the parent with child.

I think it only applied to up to 16 years old, and certain people won't have to pay (prisoners, students, unemployed). My uncle decided to give up working so that he wouldn't have to pay for his kids.... he chose homelessness over supporting his children. Still, he manages to afford a phoneplan, somehow, so I get to read his daily racist posts on FB.

sc94597 said:
Jay520 said:
DamnTastic said:
Jay520 said:

That's a risk that the man willingly took and he knew the consequences of that. He decided to trust his girlfriend without evidence and it was his own fault that he was deceived. For that, he should reap the consequences. When two people consciously decide to risk having a baby, then they need to both need to take responsibility if there is a baby.

Can't we apply that same logic to deny the legal practice of abortion for women who only have an abortion because they're not "ready" to have a baby? 

Notice I said if there is a baby, which means if a baby is born, and after the woman has chosen not to abort.

Around the Network

abortion is murder and should not be allowed! people should not have unprotected sex for the sake of not killing and it does not matter what stage it is in

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Jay520 said:
sc94597 said:
Jay520 said:
DamnTastic said:
Jay520 said:

Can't we apply that same logic to deny the legal practice of abortion for women who only have an abortion because they're not "ready" to have a baby? 

Notice I said if there is a baby, which means if a baby is born, and after the woman has chosen not to abort.

But you see, the woman's pregnancy was the consequence of her actions. If the only justification for her abortion is that she will not be able to financially support it, why should she have the choice not to have the baby? It was her actions which created the baby and she should be held accountable for them, just as the man should be held accountable for his actions. That's assuming the position that abortion is not a violation of the baby's right to life of course, which most pro-choicer believe. 

@sc

You seem to be referring to the morality of abortion, which is not what I was talking about. I'm talking about who should take responsibility and who has power

Both the man and woman should take a responsibility, because:
(a) The man chose to make decisions that results in a baby - sex; and
(b) The woman chose to make decisions that results in a baby - sex and refusing to abort.
Because both parties made decisions that resulted in a baby, both should take responsibility for a baby.

Both a man and woman have the power to decide on having a baby because a baby requires:
(a) A man who agrees to sex, which can result in a baby; and
(b) A woman who agrees to sex and does not abort, which results in a baby.

From this, we can conclude that no one can force someone to be a parent, because in order to be a parent, that person needs to make decisions which risk the birth of a baby.

Mr Puggsly said:
ultima said:
Mr Puggsly said:

This discussion is so ridiculous. TYT never ceases to amaze me.

Of course it murder. Its sad really, they don't want to admit its murder simply because they are pro-choice. I think its funny how most people that are pro-choice throw out all logic to hold that position.

This is kind of going on a tangent, but care to explain your position?

I don't know how I could explain myself any further.

That guy killed the fetus. The people in the video want to avoid calling it murder to protect their agenda.

The only way you can avoid calling this murder is by saying fetuses aren't human. I think its illogical to hold that position.

That requires an argument. How do you justify calling a fetus a human?

Mr Puggsly said:
ultima said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Laws need to be changed to protect fathers after the child is born also. Women have way too much power with the children

Well what does that have to do with this story?

Just venting?

what does paternal rights have to do with a thread about paternal rights?

The right to trick a girl into killing her unborn child?

Its a little weird. People are hearing this story and somehow turned it into women have too much power.

Your "summary" is very twisted. First of all, you shouldn't use the word killing. Secondly, you should look at the motive behind it and other stuff. You can't just send a man to the gallows for murder without asking him why he comitted it. What if it were in self-defense?

Did you watch the video? Does this sound like a case of self defense?

I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be allowed to defend himself by the way. Obviously it needs to be investigated.

Seriously dude? It was obviously a metaphor. It should've been clear, because, if nothing else, I asserted that it can't be called killing, then immediately afterwards talked about a guy comitting murder.

Edit: your position seems very inconsistent. You claim in another post that you're fine with the woman having the final say in whether the fetus gets an eventual birth or not. Why don't you want to charger her with murder if a fetus really is a human?