By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Parties: What we know. MSFT and Sony

Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Osc89 said:
Bend isn't doing Killzone, Guerilla Cambridge is. Also Naughty Dog is two teams, and you are missing Project Siren.

The Last of Us was team 2.  Guerilla Cambridge added.  Thank you.  Project Siren is a team in SCEJ

I think Project Siren said they were working on a sequel to Gravity Rush last year. They have separate releases like Team ICO, and those other games aren't from them so they must have another being worked on. ND team 2 still exists as well, so I'd put up The Last of Us support/DLC if you think that is the best bet.

And the 343 Industries team 2 game was Halo: Spartan Assault in the end, not Halo 2.

As of right now Im just putting things that we know.  I thought Spartan Assualt was being developed by Vanguard games(Edit co-development so you are right.  Added)?  Example being we know Rare is working on 3 titles which is why it has 3 slots. Naught Dog was working on two titles but they just finished one.  At this moment we dont know if they are working on another title yet which is why it only has one slot at this moment.  

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:
The Last of Us was team 2.  Guerilla Cambridge added.  Thank you.  Project Siren is a team in SCEJ

I think Project Siren said they were working on a sequel to Gravity Rush last year. They have separate releases like Team ICO, and those other games aren't from them so they must have another being worked on. ND team 2 still exists as well, so I'd put up The Last of Us support/DLC if you think that is the best bet.

And the 343 Industries team 2 game was Halo: Spartan Assault in the end, not Halo 2.

As of right now Im just putting things that we know.  I thought Spartan Assualt was being developed by Vanguard games(Edit co-development so you are right.  Added)?  Example being we know Rare is working on 3 titles which is why it has 3 slots. Naught Dog was working on two titles but they just finished one.  At this moment we dont know if they are working on another title yet which is why it only has one slot at this moment.  

Isn't the only reason we know that Rare is working on 3 titles because they have 3 teams? Same for Lionhead I think. And some like Black Tusk and Osaka are only rumoured to have multiple teams. I would definitely put teams like Project Siren and ND team 2 above those additional teams as we know they exist.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Isn't the only reason we know that Rare is working on 3 titles because they have 3 teams? Same for Lionhead I think. And some like Black Tusk and Osaka are only rumoured to have multiple teams. I would definitely put teams like Project Siren and ND team 2 above those additional teams as we know they exist.

We know Rare and LionHead is because they haven't released a title in years. That and LionHead has talked been rumored about an MMO previously. Black Tusk themselves announced they are making 4 titles.  Naughty Dog just finished one of the two titles they are working on.  Team 2 (TloU team) will not have another release for at least 3 years.  Osaka was a typo on my part.  I originally had D4 listed is why. Rare's 3rd title was also shown at the X1 reveal in a picture.  They have yet to show it.

JayWood2010 said:
Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:

We know Rare and LionHead is because they haven't released a title in years. That and LionHead has talked been rumored about an MMO previously. Black Tusk themselves announced they are making 4 titles.  Naughty Dog just finished one of the two titles they are working on.  Team 2 (TloU team) will not have another release for at least 3 years.  Osaka was a typo on my part.  I originally had D4 listed is why. Rare's 3rd title was also shown at the X1 reveal in a picture.  They have yet to show it.

Ok, well I found this for the Gravity Rush sequel from Project Siren. Also, I'm not really convinced by the 4 titles from Black Tusk. I mean that link just says one of their employees worked on 4 new IP, which given how some studios (like Foster City) work he may have just assisted on 4 that have already been announced at other studios.

Osc89 said:

Ok, well I found this for the Gravity Rush sequel from Project Siren. Also, I'm not really convinced by the 4 titles from Black Tusk. I mean that link just says one of their employees worked on 4 new IP, which given how some studios (like Foster City) work he may have just assisted on 4 that have already been announced at other studios.

Great news for Vita owners XD  I had to add a new team slot, couldnt fit any more under SCEJ.  Vita looks to be getting Killzone, Gravity Rush 2, tearaway, and whatever Bend is working on.  Not bad at all :)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Osc89 said:

Great news for Vita owners XD  I had to add a new team slot, couldnt fit any more under SCEJ.  Vita looks to be getting Killzone, Gravity Rush 2, tearaway, and whatever Bend is working on.  Not bad at all :)

Yeah, you might as well say Bend is likely Vita and Foster City is supporting third parties like EMEA. Also if you are keeping the rumoured ones you need to add the fourth Black Tusk game.

Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah, you might as well say Bend is likely Vita and Foster City is supporting third parties like EMEA. Also if you are keeping the rumoured ones you need to add the fourth Black Tusk game.

I dont have room to.  If i add another slot it will cut off some of the spreadsheet.  ill make note of it though.  Is that what Foster City does?  I was wondering why i havent heard of them before.

EDIT: Looked them up.  They help co-develop on many first party titles.  Very good reputation I might add.  They could be helping someone with a syphon Filter maybe.  

JayWood2010 said:

Sony          
Developer Title Title 2 Title 3 Title 4 Title 5
SCE Japan Knack Panopticon The Last Guardian Pupeteer Rain
Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Naughty Dog Unkown Unknown N/A N/A N/A
Santa Monica Order 1886 N/A N/A N/A N/A
San Diego Studios Unknown N/A N/A N/A N/A
Bend Studio Unkown N/A N/A N/A N/A
Foster City Studio Unknown N/A N/A N/A N/A
Sucker Punch InFamous Last Son N/A N/A N/A N/A
London Studios Unknown N/A N/A N/A N/A
Guerilla Games Killzone:  Shadow Fall New Ip N/A N/A N/A
Evolution Studios Drive Club N/A N/A N/A N/A
Media Molecule Tearaway Unknown N/A N/A N/A
Guerilla Cambridge Killzone Mecenery N/A N/A N/A N/A
Project Siren (SCEJ) Gravity Rush 2 N/A N/A N/A N/A

1. It's Infamous: Second Son

2. The Order: 1886 is being developed by Ready At Dawn, a 2nd party studio.  Santa Monica is publishing it.  

3. Quantic Dream's untitled PS4 title should also be listed.  While they're a 2nd party studio, Sony will be publishing the game, as they did with Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

4. SCE San Diego has two teams.  One for sure will be working on MLB 14 The Show.  The other is rumored to be working on a new IP. 

JayWood2010 said:
Osc89 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I dont have room to.  If i add another slot it will cut off some of the spreadsheet.  ill make note of it though.  Is that what Foster City does?  I was wondering why i havent heard of them before.

I think so. I think Foster City help first party devs, XDev help with first party IP outsourced to third parties, and ICE make various tools and technologies. Those are the weird studios.

jacks81x said:
JayWood2010 said:

1. It's Infamous: Second Son

2. The Order: 1886 is being developed by Ready At Dawn, a 2nd party studio.  Santa Monica is publishing it.  

3. Quantic Dream's untitled PS4 title should also be listed.  While they're a 2nd party studio, Sony will be publishing the game, as they did with Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

4. SCE San Diego has two teams.  One for sure will be working on MLB 14 The Show.  The other is rumored to be working on a new IP. 

1. Will fix

2. it is still something that they are working on.  

3. No.  That would be like me adding Ryse, Gears of war, and Dead Rising 3 to MSFT's first party just because they are publishing it.

4.  Will fix.