By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Freaking Wii...

It's selling twice as much as PS2/PS3 when we align the launches. Pretty amazing. I do no like the Wii at all but this is a respectable chart.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All&weeks=77

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

Well, I don't like the PS3 at all, so I consider it amazing + good :)

Just consider that PS2 didn't had a worldwide launch and that there's some problem with PS2 chart in here.

fazz said:

Just consider that PS2 didn't had a worldwide launch and that there's some problem with PS2 chart in here.

What is the problem with the PS3 chart? Sony claims the PS3 is selling at the same pace as the PS2, so they chart should be fine.

Yeah, the PS2 chart is quite undertracked...

But good for the Wii. But remember...it'll drop down to 0 pretty soon! :p

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

PS2 chart isn't quite as it seems, in reality it should be tracking closer to the Wii as it had a very staggered launch. Still tracking under it overall though - especially considering just how supply constrained the Wii is.

Around the Network
fazz said:

The PS3 did not have a worldwide launch either. Still the Wii is selling like hot cakes.

PS2 was only available in Japan for quite some time. Then America, then EU. It's kinda different.

But that won't change my expectation of the Wii outselling the PS2 :)

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, the PS2 chart is quite undertracked...

But good for the Wii. But remember...it'll drop down to 0 pretty soon! :p

ROFL, the Wii will not drop to zero. I know so many people that either own one or want one... too bad 90% of them aren't "gamers".

The PS2 launched in Japan in March, American in October, and Europe in November. The bulk of the market couldn't buy it until 7 or 8 months after "launch."

The PS3 launched in Japan and North America in November, while Europe got it in March 4 months later.

The PS3 "from launch" chart is somewhat misleading, yes, but not nearly as much as the PS2's.

Factor in wii's supply constraints.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-