By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop conf. call confirms 120 GB+ PS3 with DS3!!!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Morgyn said:
I really don't get the BC mania around here.

I've used the BC twice, if that, on any of my consoles..

Perhaps I don't replay games as much as you guys =/

Don't mind them. It's just the Nintendo Fanboys pretending that they're intrested in a PS3 all of a sudden now that BC is gone.

I'm going to leave the Nintendo Fanboy part behind, but I do find it kind of funny when people who don't want a PS3 talk about it like they were literally just about to go to the store and get one five minutes before they read about this thread (or other rumors or new information). 

Around the Network

Good news for new PS3 buyers, bad for old ones that are stuck with the 40 gigs, the thing that is still going to make or break PS3 sales is its price, it would be wise to keep the price they have or better yet another price drop.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ChichiriMuyo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
BottledSpringWater said:

- And the one question everyone is wondering:

IS THE120GB+ PS3 BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE????????!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is "PS3 BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE."

I'm pretty sure you need to reread that sentence. It's perfectly acceptable. Obviously the subject of the sentence is "the 120GB+ PS3", and the question at hand is "will it be backwards compatible." Really, the mistake is that you read it incorrectly.

I'll reread that "perfectly acceptable" sentence then.  Where should I start, the 7 exclaimation points or the 8 question marks?

well i probably end up buying a ps2(i've never had this console) cause i love jrpgs and now every game for ps2 i can buy for 5-10$. it's much cheaper than new games for ps3 or any other new console and if i would buy ps3 most of games i would play probably were a ps2 games. right now there is only 7 games from ps3 i would love to play and only 3 of them are AAA titles(eye of judgment, afrika, LBP, valkyrie of the battlefield, FF13, FF13 versus, ratchet and clank) and for me BC is most important for every new console(i didn't have any of last gens).

It will launch with full BC and a 399$ price tag, wait and see. Do you guys have any idea how incredibly cheap harddrive tech is nowadays?

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

I use BC a lot. Mainly right now because I only have three PS3 games..... but mainly because Gamefly keeps sending me PS2 games despite 4 or 5 PS3 games higher up on the list and also despite those PS3 games having a high availability.

It makes no sense, the top four or five games on my list all have high availability, so they send me Resident Evil 4.... I'm eager to see what they're sending me next.

I'm also eager to get a Dualshock 3 too. Though I am a little worried since it'll have pretty much 'the same tech' as the Dualshock 2, I might rather save battery as opposed to getting my hands vibrated off in games like (for example) Final Fantasy X or XII. Still, I do enjoy the Sixaxis and it's light weight.

Oh my god....... I've just looked at my e-mail and saw what game they're sending me next.

Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament 3, and other games are all on my list and at the top of said list. In fact, the first eight games on that list are PS3 games (two aren't out yet, but still) and they have either medium or high availability. But no, they send me the last game on my list, Bully.

illegalpaladin, bully is great game(for me it's the best rockstar game). that's way i would love to have BC on ps3. ps2's got really large library of great games and many types of them. ps3 have only FPP and action games right now(and maybe 2-3 titles from rest of the types). the only one real action game i would love to see on ps3 is pursuit force this game would kick ass.

I'm not saying it's not a great game and that's part of the reason I use Gamefly actually. It's just really annoying despite other games before it on my rental list, they send me Bully. Mainly PS2 games from Gamefly were the ones I'd like to get a chance to play when there wasn't anything else to get, but I haven't gotten a PS3 game from Gamefly since Heavenly Sword back around the time the game launched.

That's mainly why I'm pissed off at getting Bully rather than the 6+ games I'd rather want to play and to actually use my PS3 with. So far, since Heavenly Sword I've gotten Zone of Enders 2, Okami, Resident Evil 4, and Bully despite all of them being lower on the list.

I was getting worried, i mean it has been more than 1 month without a new SKU announced, phew... such a relief!

IllegalPaladin said:
I'm not saying it's not a great game and that's part of the reason I use Gamefly actually. It's just really annoying despite other games before it on my rental list, they send me Bully. Mainly PS2 games from Gamefly were the ones I'd like to get a chance to play when there wasn't anything else to get, but I haven't gotten a PS3 game from Gamefly since Heavenly Sword back around the time the game launched.

That's mainly why I'm pissed off at getting Bully rather than the 6+ games I'd rather want to play and to actually use my PS3 with. So far, since Heavenly Sword I've gotten Zone of Enders 2, Okami, Resident Evil 4, and Bully despite all of them being lower on the list.

after all you're lucky. in my country there is no such thing like gamefly so all my games i have to get by auctions or buying new from online stores(in normal real store there are only a few titles on the shelves and most of them is  total crap).