By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA confirms they have Zero games in development for Wii U

Is EA being unfair to Nintendo

Yes 144 48.65%

Maybe 37 12.50%

No 114 38.51%

Total:295

i dont know why but Ubi is getting a lot of money from me as of late...EA on the contrary...

Around the Network

Good lord, how has this thread not been locked yet? It's a duplicate thread to this one. Badgenome even pointed this out in the 2nd response. Even a mod has been posting this this thread and hasn't done anything about it. The two threads have also been side-by-side in the hot topics section since the threads were created.

Aielyn said:
Mazty said:
The Wii was gunning for a different market as opposed to the PS360 however, whereas Iwata wanted more of a core gamer focus for the Wii U. Without publisher support, he will not get that core focus for the Wii U. No Battlefield 4 or Fifa? Dayum, that'll hurt.

People need to stop saying this. Iwata said that he wanted more core gamers playing on the Wii U, he didn't say that the Wii U should have more of a core gamer focus. There's a massive difference between the two - one means "we're not going after casual players", the other means "we want everyone to be playing our console".

Meanwhile, in isolation, core gamers laugh at Fifa - it's seen as "soccer roster update game 2013", and many view it as a "casual game". It's only when it comes to Nintendo systems that such people start calling it a "core title". And again, I'm going to point to the fact that it was never a big franchise on Nintendo platforms, anyway.

Battlefield 4 is a different issue, but fortunately, all signs point to Activision continuing support for the system, and CoD is a much bigger deal than Battlefield.

I said "more of a core gamer focus"; nowhere does that suggest just a core gamer focus, but simply an increase from what it was on the Wii, which was, more or less, almost no focus on core gamers. Also, here is what Iwata said:

"This new controller is going to be very intuitive, but at the same time it can be very sophisticated. And together, I think we will be able to offer a new form of entertainment that can satisfy the needs of the core gamers."

So please, argue what wasn't said as that just isn't helping anyone. 

Fifa is a sports game, not a casual game - stop bending the rules to suit your need. The fact it isn't a big franchise on Nintendo platforms though is a problem because it shows that Nintendo isn't catering for the widest core market possible - it's isolating it's market more and more and we all know what will happen if it sticks to just Ninty games (GC). Saying CoD is a bigger deal is irrelevant - you are still losing a large audience which at this moment in time is the last thing the Wii U needs.

A new console has a small userbase? Wow, didn't expect this. The first Fifa on 360 also sold a relative bad 240k but you never heard EA complaining about that. Also, Nintendo has yet to release its very big first party titels like Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros and the install base will grow HUGE when those games come out. I think there is something more to this, most likely the Origin story. Nintendo denied to get used by one of the worst company's ever, and in this way they punish them.

EA is idiotic to think PS4 and Xbox 3 versions of their games will sell millions. Those consoles have an install base of 0 and with the many support for current gen, gamers will not be convinced to buy a new console for that price and games also appearing on their PS360. EA will lose tons of money with Battlefield 4 on PS4/Xbox 3, but don't realise it yet.

RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:

I think is strategy is dole out a wordy multi-paragraph post filled with nothing in hopes that no one will call him on his bullshit. I swear it's like reading a speech from a politician. Long and detailed on the surface, but under closer inspection it lacks substance. I can some of his entire post quite simply.

Nintendo fans didn't buy crappy third party games. So they have themselves to blame for the lack of support. 

I am pretty sure that he wants to spark reactions with almost all of his posts, it's just that most of the time it fails due to his in general lengthy speech with awful punctuation. He isn't particularly successful at what he is trying to do. He wants to make people rage, but more often than not he ends up getting mocked. Rightfully so, might I add.

One moderator i know refuses to read through any of Dodece's posts in their entirety.

Not me, though. An articulate post on the internet is always worth something.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:

I think is strategy is dole out a wordy multi-paragraph post filled with nothing in hopes that no one will call him on his bullshit. I swear it's like reading a speech from a politician. Long and detailed on the surface, but under closer inspection it lacks substance. I can some of his entire post quite simply.

Nintendo fans didn't buy crappy third party games. So they have themselves to blame for the lack of support. 

I am pretty sure that he wants to spark reactions with almost all of his posts, it's just that most of the time it fails due to his in general lengthy speech with awful punctuation. He isn't particularly successful at what he is trying to do. He wants to make people rage, but more often than not he ends up getting mocked. Rightfully so, might I add.

One moderator i know refuses to read through any of Dodece's posts in their entirety.

1)That mod shouldn't be a mod then if he/she can't professionally and maturely read through every post that is brought to his/her attention.

2)I get banned for saying a console is DOA, a legit business term, and yet his posts go unmoderated? Wut? 

Mazty said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:

1)That mod shouldn't be a mod then if he/she can't professionally and maturely read through every post that is brought to his/her attention.

2)I get banned for saying a console is DOA, a legit business term, and yet his posts go unmoderated? Wut? 

But the guy didn't say anything that wasn't true, so why would he get moderated?

Lyrikalstylez said:
Mazty said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:

But the guy didn't say anything that wasn't true, so why would he get moderated?

It's a wholly inflammatory post:

in·flam·ma·to·ry  

/inˈflaməˌtôrē/ 
Adjective
  1. Relating to or causing inflammation of a part of the body.
  2. (esp. of speech or writing) Arousing or intended to arouse angry or violent feelings.

Mazty said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Mazty said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:

It's a wholly inflammatory post:

in·flam·ma·to·ry  

/inˈflaməˌtôrē/ 

Adjective
  1. Relating to or causing inflammation of a part of the body.
  2. (esp. of speech or writing) Arousing or intended to arouse angry or violent feelings.

Hey it's his opinion, this is an opinionated forum is it not?

if petty shit gets you angry with violent feelings maybe you should find another hobby

Michael-5 said:

To be honest, I don't believe this. I just don't.

They released Mass Effect 3 as a Wii U launch game, but won't make a Mass Effect Next for Wii U? They made FIFA for Wii U, and supported PS2 with FIFA games late into it's life, and have a FIFA planned for PS3/360 this fall, but not Wii U?

If this isn't bs, it won't last for long. Once Wii U picks up, EA will at least sell annual FIFA and Madden games for it again.

Hmm. Maybe they're trying to nudge Nintendo out of the gaming business? I suppose it would backfire though... They'd become software only and do well with games like Mario anything and Pokemon colour, gem, shade or letter!