By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The three headed dragon against Obama

Being referred to as the three headed dragon.

Benghazi, IRS, and the AP

my first question is.  Is the Obama 2nd term finished just 6 months in? Even if the president and his administration are cleared of any wrong doing on these issues, although even the liberal press is admitting that probably won't happen the hearings on these matters alone are going to go indie at least the next 1-2 years.  

Immigration, gun control are on the back burner and will be for a while, and the affordable health care act is struggling to be implemented.

My 2nd question is.  How do you currently see this administration?  I see it as classic Chicago style politics, complete control and strong arming of anyone that rubs you the wrong way. 

Lets keep the replys to the 2 questions raised.

Around the Network

All I can really say is that I don't quite think his second term will go anywhere near as well as his first. (And that wasn't even the best term out there. So, this could end up badly, I think.)

Hopeful that nothing to ridiculous gets pushed...

Americans have very short term memories. The AP thing will be forgotten very quickly, since most Americans couldn't care less about the Associated Press. Same goes for the IRS thing. Americans will probably get sick of the Benghazi issue, since most of the information just keeps being repeated, and the hearings are pointless.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
Americans have very short term memories. The AP thing will be forgotten very quickly, since most Americans couldn't care less about the Associated Press. Same goes for the IRS thing. Americans will probably get sick of the Benghazi issue, since most of the information just keeps being repeated, and the hearings are pointless.

It'll be forgotten until the end of his term when everyone reviews how much they hated/loved it.

NintendoPie said:
Flanneryaug said:

It'll be forgotten until the end of his term when everyone reviews how much they hated/loved it.

I doubt people would even remember it. There are a lot of "scandals" during almost every administration. The little things mean nothing in the long run, only the big issues have any impact (Vietnam war, Watergate, Great Depression, etc..).

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

As Nixonian as Obama looks at the moment, it's way too early to say he's finished. The media can and will rescue him by dangling some shiny object (Angelina Jolie threw away her titties! Kim Kardashian gives birth to the anti-Christ!) if they see fit. Only question is if the AP thing has turned them against him at all. My guess is not.

As for your second question, it's kind of funny how people really expected Obama to change Washington for the better when, if there's a place more fucked up than DC, it's Chicago. I don't know if Obama actually knew what the IRS was doing. I rather doubt it, actually. But it does seem very appropriate that the IRS would become so politicized under him when he constantly frames debate not just in terms of opposing points of view or opposing political parties, but in terms of good and evil, friends and enemies, as is the Chicago way.

None of it will gain much traction. It will all be swept under the rug. We will hear about it come election time though, Clinton is going to have a fun time if she runs for the presidency in 2016.

Plus the last thing I want is Obama impeached. Then Biden will be in charge... the US would be an apocalyptic wasteland by the next election :P

Flanneryaug said:
NintendoPie said:
Flanneryaug said:

I doubt people would even remember it. There are a lot of "scandals" during almost every administration. The little things mean nothing in the long run, only the big issues have any impact (Vietnam war, Watergate, Great Depression, etc..).

Well the only problem is the American public may not be allowed to forget it.  

I think the sequester lie started the concern( Woodward called out Obama) but the younger press guys let it slide.  Benghazi was seen as partisan but it did make the younger press members tilt their heads a little and say " hey I was used".  The IRS thing has them all saying "shit, you guys actually do over reach and abuse power" but the straw that breaks the camels back is definitely the ap one, now they are all saying " not only did you use me now you are going after my phone records." As John Stewart said "mother f'ers".  

The public may get tired of it but the press won't.

All of these issues are serious and we should all be paying attention to this. I don't know how much Obama had knowledge of the IRS or the ap scandals, but he did have some say in how the Benghazi aftermath was handled. H, It is easy to see their are a lot of bad people in the upper level of government. However, I think it is unfair to say it was Obama who started the whole good vs evil way of thinking. Wasn't it bush who said you are either with us or against us. The thing is both parties are abusing their power and as citizens we should be concerned.

absolute waste of time.