By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Interesting Nintendo E3 rumours (Updated with additional rumors)

Dodece said:
This thread has genuinely upset me. I am not upset with any of you. After all what would be the point, but you don't see what is really going on here. Your expectations for Nintendo have been reset to damn near rock bottom. These things aren't rumor worthy, or even hype worthy. These are things you should expect as a given, and things that you should expect much more out of.

The systems flagship title should be a massive leap over the previous installment. Show me a flagship title that isn't. Chats taking place inside the bubble, aren't going to create the market awareness that the product quite desperately needs. Given the current state of the library, the severe lack of third parties, and in game engine support. Mean you should be thrilled with whatever Retro has to offer.

Speaking as someone who has owned every Nintendo platform prior to the generation. Except for the Virtual Boy, and I doubt any of you will hold that against me. This is the absolute worst platform by far. As far as expectations of Nintendo are actually concerned. Guys start to stand up for yourselves. Don't just expect more from Nintendo. Start to demand more from them. It is time some of you start to get mad.

I would lambaste both Microsoft or Sony if the bar was getting set this low, or they behaved this badly. I don't blame any of you. After all you have to find something to talk about, but damn this is pissing me off. Fans and gamers alike should have ambitions. Beyond just matching low end expectations.

Your view that there is something wrong with people that are excited about these rumors is condecsending and sad.  I bought a Wii U because I loved Super Mario Galaxy and I'm very excited for its follow up.  Retro's track record is excellent so this title is also something to look forward to.

You're also wrong.  Nintendo is supporting Wii U in almost the same way as every other console it's released.  And Wii U has received the most AAA third party support of a Nintendo console since Gamecube, and probably since SNES.  The games support is far and away better than Wii, which had a port of GC Zelda and Wii Sports to start things off and 0 AAA 3rd party titles.  If you view this system as worse than older Nintendo systems, it's because your views have changed or because you memory is poor or clouded by nostalgia.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Dodece said:
This thread has genuinely upset me. I am not upset with any of you. After all what would be the point, but you don't see what is really going on here. Your expectations for Nintendo have been reset to damn near rock bottom. These things aren't rumor worthy, or even hype worthy. These are things you should expect as a given, and things that you should expect much more out of.

The systems flagship title should be a massive leap over the previous installment. Show me a flagship title that isn't. Chats taking place inside the bubble, aren't going to create the market awareness that the product quite desperately needs. Given the current state of the library, the severe lack of third parties, and in game engine support. Mean you should be thrilled with whatever Retro has to offer.

Speaking as someone who has owned every Nintendo platform prior to the generation. Except for the Virtual Boy, and I doubt any of you will hold that against me. This is the absolute worst platform by far. As far as expectations of Nintendo are actually concerned. Guys start to stand up for yourselves. Don't just expect more from Nintendo. Start to demand more from them. It is time some of you start to get mad.

I would lambaste both Microsoft or Sony if the bar was getting set this low, or they behaved this badly. I don't blame any of you. After all you have to find something to talk about, but damn this is pissing me off. Fans and gamers alike should have ambitions. Beyond just matching low end expectations.

Your view that there is something wrong with people that are excited about these rumors is condecsending and sad.  I bought a Wii U because I loved Super Mario Galaxy and I'm very excited for its follow up.  Retro's track record is excellent so this title is also something to look forward to.

You're also wrong.  Nintendo is supporting Wii U in almost the same way as every other console it's released.  And Wii U has received the most AAA third party support of a Nintendo console since Gamecube, and probably since SNES.  The games support is far and away better than Wii, which had a port of GC Zelda and Wii Sports to start things off and 0 AAA 3rd party titles.  If you view this system as worse than older Nintendo systems, it's because your views have changed or because you memory is poor or clouded by nostalgia.

Nintendo has only released Nintendoland, NSMBU and Game & Wario for the Wii U. In the equivalent time for the Wii, they had released Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ:TP, WarioWare, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Big Brain Academy Wii, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

KHlover said:
Bladeforce said:
Even thought I think the WiiU has had a lack lustre beginning, there is a part of me that is intrigued by what a new Mario will be like on the system. The Retro game will be Starfox

A first person Star Fox game? No chance. Star Fox is a 3rd person series, not a 1st person one.

You can actually play Starfox 64 in 1st person but its not recomended

Goku in SSB?

I don't know to be hyped or question if it fits.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Nintendo really needs to hurry up and do at least one Nintendo Direct before E3.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

nah I don't believe Metroid is the game Retro is working on as it is too good to be true

the first two seem very likely and the fourth is nothing I really care about

it's not long now though. man does time fly by fast! I remember last years E3 hype train as if it was just a couple of months ago

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

3d mario i can imagine it now...

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE..

i am so excited for this game! If nintendo messes up the 3d Mario like they did sunshine it will surely hurt the wii u, this game has to be be on par of galaxy 2 or better. Use the gamepad in intresting ways, better graphics/brighter colors and HD, luigi second player would be kinda cool but not expected. Throw in more mario universe characters you meet along the way like wario and waluigi.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Dodece said:

I agree with you and the sentiment of your post.

But since last year's Nintendo E3 went from hypre train

to train wreck

This year I prefer to use one of this and be late, but safe

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Meh, I think these rumors are bogus. Some of them may be true, but it would be a coincidence cause they were made up. The 3D Mario being the biggest ever is a big ''duh!''. Retro on a fps is rly plausible (hope it's prime4).

I'm sure it's not true, but I'll still say it, I don't mind a Namco character in Smash, but he needs to be a video game character, not a character from a other form of media that Namco happened to deal publishing right. So I don't want Goku, I want a video game icon fron Namco, either someone from Tekken or Pacman. But this is bogus, Sakurai would never allow Goku.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I'll take a 3D Mario with a side of Super Smash Bros. U, but hold the Dragon Ball Z, please.