By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Durango has always had 8 gigs GDDR5, sony matched specs

Durango was rumoured to have 8GB DDR3 for a long time, not GDDR5. Still is. Others pointed it out to him but it looks like he didn't respond.

Take a look at his tag: 'derp' which links to this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57028734&postcount=3194

So..lol. 

edit, actually looks like he's 'standing by his claim' http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57366358&postcount=3402

Around the Network

Ps4 has 8gb of gddr5 because the apu strength increases dramatically with it.
Nextbox has no reason to use gddr5.
Dev kits showed 8gb ddr3 with 512esram, which is a completely different way to enhance the power of the system.
Ie; for ms, the ESRAM is their gddr5...its just not as good, but cheaper indeed.

kowenicki said:
pokoko said:
Wait a second. If the 720 matches the PS4 spec for spec, including an expensive 8 gigs of GDDR5, while also sporting Kinect 2.0 as a standard feature, aren't we climbing to a potentially dangerous price-point? I have trouble believing Microsoft would take too much of a loss or allow the PS4 to have a major pricing advantage.

possibly.

but they do have north of $5bn a qtr profit to play with.

and then theres the whole buy now pay latter model and i still say that would fit in with the online requirement they send data out to when your license expires if you dont pay or offline when it expires it says get online beyotch pay up.

Sal.Paradise said:

Durango was rumoured to have 8GB DDR3 for a long time, not GDDR5. Still is. Others pointed it out to him but it looks like he didn't respond.

Take a look at his tag: 'derp' which links to this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57028734&postcount=3194

So..lol. 

Yes, from the famous Sony-fan Takuya :) I could name a few users here to show who and how he is but I won't :)

kowenicki said:
pokoko said:
Wait a second. If the 720 matches the PS4 spec for spec, including an expensive 8 gigs of GDDR5, while also sporting Kinect 2.0 as a standard feature, aren't we climbing to a potentially dangerous price-point? I have trouble believing Microsoft would take too much of a loss or allow the PS4 to have a major pricing advantage.

possibly.

but they do have north of $5bn a qtr profit to play with.

True, but their main purpose should be to profit not destroy Sony.

Edit: or maybe destroying Sony will lead to more profit in the long run.

Around the Network
tres said:
walsufnir said:
pokoko said:

The PSeye is also rumored to be included with every PS4.

that not a rumor i thought they said it at their event?

I don't remember but anyway, here is the source of the rumor: http://www.vgleaks.com/orbis-dual-camera-whats-this/

walsufnir said:
Sal.Paradise said:

So..lol. 

Yes, from the famous Sony-fan Takuya :) I could name a few users here to show who and how he is but I won't :)

Do you want me to link all the other posts correcting him on it being DDR3 that aren't from Sony Fan Takuya? What does it matter? 

bonus edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57367220&postcount=3410

"He claims he works at a dev with a devkit but there's no way he would be talking so openly about it if he really was due to NDA."

"Nah, never claimed anything of the sort. Just a guess, nothing more." 

Which could be backpedalling after being corrected and getting that tag. Or could be just trying to deflect and save his ass from Msoft ninjas? Wishful thinking though.

crissindahouse said:
JEMC said:
Well, it may be true or not, but it no longer matters.

The truth is that Sony revealed it first and if MSoft has the same RAM, they will still look like the ones who changed their specs.

That's what happens when you try to be so secretive.

and? do you think anyone won't buy the console because of that? "ohh see, microsoft changed the specs to the better, i won't buy it anymore because they want to be competitive"

and if that would be true, that would go around on the internet as all the other rumours as well and everyone who believed until now that sony was first with that idea would then know it's the opposite. if it's true, we will hear that from some devs as well in the next months, if not, everything is like before and no gddr5.

And nothing. Only fanboys who fight over the net claiming that their console is better will care about this and use it in their favor.

For the rest it won't mean a thing. Heck! Ask someone on the street what GDDR5 is and 90% of the people won't know, and it won't affect their decision to buy the console or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
crissindahouse said:
JEMC said:
Well, it may be true or not, but it no longer matters.

The truth is that Sony revealed it first and if MSoft has the same RAM, they will still look like the ones who changed their specs.

That's what happens when you try to be so secretive.

and? do you think anyone won't buy the console because of that? "ohh see, microsoft changed the specs to the better, i won't buy it anymore because they want to be competitive"

and if that would be true, that would go around on the internet as all the other rumours as well and everyone who believed until now that sony was first with that idea would then know it's the opposite. if it's true, we will hear that from some devs as well in the next months, if not, everything is like before and no gddr5.

And nothing. Only fanboys who fight over the net claiming that their console is better will care about this and use it in their favor.

For the rest it won't mean a thing. Heck! Ask someone on the street what GDDR5 is and 90% of the people won't know, and it won't affect their decision to buy the console or not.

well, then i have no clue why you said

"The truth is that Sony revealed it first and if MSoft has the same RAM, they will still look like the ones who changed their specs.

That's what happens when you try to be so secretive."

there are the people who don't care or don't even know what it is and then there are the forum people who read all the stuff and would read from different devs in the next months (after the reveal) that they could work with 8gb gddr5 since last year or so.

so, if it's true (which i doubt), everyone who cares about it will know anytime soon that microsoft didn't change it because of sony and those fanboys can't use that for their agenda anymore. so no, microsoft wouldn't be too late with it and nothing would happen from "being so secretive" like you claimed. nobody of those fanboys would think anymore that microsoft did it because of sony after reading some statements from ea or epic about it.

€dit: i think we have the same opinion about that, it doesn't matter who was first, important is the final product we will get at release and not what dev-kits developers had before the final dev-kit. i just didn't understand your first post when you also think like that.

Sal.Paradise said:
walsufnir said:
Sal.Paradise said:

So..lol. 

Do you want me to link all the other posts correcting him on it being DDR3 that aren't from Sony Fan Takuya? What does it matter? 

bonus edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57367220&postcount=3410

"He claims he works at a dev with a devkit but there's no way he would be talking so openly about it if he really was due to NDA."

"Nah, never claimed anything of the sort. Just a guess, nothing more." 

Which could be backpedalling after being corrected and getting that tag. Or could be just trying to deflect and save his ass from Msoft ninjas? Wishful thinking though.

I just said that Takuya is not a reasonable user on GAF. But calm down. Perhaps you read the whole thread before such a post happens because I already said that the whole thread relying on one post is useless.