By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - J.J. Abrams new TV show on Fox: Almost Human

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
so is this like a future CSI?

Not sure as of now since not many details are known, but it looks like it will be a mix of procedural like csi and have an overall story too.

they usually add an overall story to these types of shows like CSI and NCIS. but im not really interested in them. if they have one long story that is the center of the show like the walking dead, arrow or spartacus then i am interested. but these shows that have pretty much the same thing every episode like house for example, a sick guy comes in, they dont know how to treat him, they keep trying, house comes up with a solution and save him in the last minute. its pretty much the same thing every epsiode with no real story behind it. so i get bored of them quickly. 

House is awesome!

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
bananaking21 said:
so is this like a future CSI?

Not sure as of now since not many details are known, but it looks like it will be a mix of procedural like csi and have an overall story too.

they usually add an overall story to these types of shows like CSI and NCIS. but im not really interested in them. if they have one long story that is the center of the show like the walking dead, arrow or spartacus then i am interested. but these shows that have pretty much the same thing every episode like house for example, a sick guy comes in, they dont know how to treat him, they keep trying, house comes up with a solution and save him in the last minute. its pretty much the same thing every epsiode with no real story behind it. so i get bored of them quickly. 

Yeah, I don't know because I'm usually not a fan of those type of shows either, but this one looks good.  I think since it's from J.J. Abrams that it will be more story based than anything.

BloodyRain said:

House is awesome!

those type of shows bore me to death. expect for comedy shows and boston legal

nnodley said:

Yeah, I don't know because I'm usually not a fan of those type of shows either, but this one looks good.  I think since it's from J.J. Abrams that it will be more story based than anything.

im going to very civil and polite asking this. but who the fuck is J.J. Abrams? see, my manners are top notch!

bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:

House is awesome!

I do enjoy a few like house(only med drama I like), bones and castle. CSI and all of its spinoffs bored me too.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:

House is awesome!

I do enjoy a few like house(only med drama I like), bones and castle. CSI and all of its spinoffs bored me too.

bones? i want to throw up... yuck!.... castle... isnt that the guy who is a writer who helps a cop? i hate that fucking dude!

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:

im going to very civil and polite asking this. but who the fuck is J.J. Abrams? see, my manners are top notch!

Get the fuck out my thread right now!!! :-p

He is doing the new Star Wars film.  He does the Star Trek films also, I think.  He was involved with Lost, Fringe, Revolution, Alcatraz.

Look at this:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/

bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:
bananaking21 said:
BloodyRain said:

House is awesome!

bones? i want to throw up... yuck!.... castle... isnt that the guy who is a writer who helps a cop? i hate that fucking dude!

What, you hate Nathan Fillion!

It looks very, very little like CSI. It looks a LOT more action and story-oriented than that. I'd more likely compare it to Castle or, well, Fringe.

Also, John? Dorian? There'd better be a Brown Bear while we're at it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Trailer looks good. Unlike Shield, this has great lead actors, especially Karl Urban ( a fan of his since Xena: Warrior princess- he was Caesar and two other characters).

J.J is a hit and miss, unfortunately. Undercovers and Alcatraz were his biggest flops (Fringe did quite bad too, but at least survived 5 seasons).