By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: Wii 2 (w/ HD) May come in a few years, PS3 to catch Wii in 2011

Wow... a cockfight over PS3 possibly selling 1 or 2 million more than the Wii years from now, you'd think it'd get tiring after 8 years.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

fordy said:

That's like saying you won a 100km marathon because you went 101km, despite finishing 5 years after everyone else went home.

No it is like to say in a 10 years marathon the winner ran more than the others.

Anyway when you check in 2020 or late what console finish this generation in first place you will see the PS3 and not Wii.

The race is over. Wii won. People have moved on.

But whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess...

fordy said:

The race is over. Wii won. People have moved on.

But whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess...

So why PS3, 360 and Wii are selling yet? Your words makes no sense if the consoles continue to sell... PS3 and 360 are strong yet.

ethomaz said:

the_dengle said:

So --

FY2013: 101.84m
FY2014: 103.44m
FY2015: 105.04m
FY2016: 106.64m

Still ahead of your own prediction of 105m for PS3 by March 2017. I used the same rate of decline as you.

Same rate? You know after the 2 million the drop became huge... 1m... 500k... less than that... you are hoding 2m almost three years in a row lol.

Anyway that don't matter because PS3 will probably end first... I don't know why people seem to be surpised by that now with the actual sales numbers.

You went 10m-8m-6m-4m, or declines of 20%-25%-33%, which I mirrored. I did not hold 2m at all. I went 2m-1.6m-1.2m-0.8m.

Wow touchy subject i did well haha

Around the Network

Still people say that everyone was against the PS3 and then you read this.

Anyways the Gen is over and its not like the PS3 is guaranteed to reach 103 million where the Wii pretty much already sits and its not like we know where the PS3 sits now since Sony has something to hide. Thanks ethomaz for proving yet again you don't know what you are talking about. It is 99m according to my prediction by March 2017. Count it again.

ethomaz said:

animegaming said:

the only reason why i see that happening is cause by the time the PS3 catches up to the Wii it will be long dead

Well Wii is almost dead... Nintendo shipped 3.98m Wiis this FY... Nintendo forecast for FY2014 is only 2 million.

wouldn't the PS3 sells slow down by the time the PS4 comes so yeah it will most likely not pass the Wii 

phenom08 said:
Anyways the Gen is over and its not like the PS3 is guaranteed to reach 103 million where the Wii pretty much already sits and its not like we know where the PS3 sits now since Sony has something to hide. Thanks ethomaz for proving yet again you don't know what you are talking about. It is 99m according to my prediction by March 2017. Count it again.

yeah by the time PS4 and 720 is out that makes all 3 of the console manufactors out with there next gen system's which pretty much means this gen is done and the Wii won in terms of sells 

Don't worry - PS3 will catch up to the Wii. It's only a matter of time.