By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
Chorlin said:

A million just in Japan?

Its possible, hasnt been done in such a long time but the mainline 3ds games did around 800k and 650k ltd. 

This game being with the switches momentum might pull it off. I might make a thread bout it!

Trying to steal my thunder?! 

Anyway more restocks. Images via era. This yodaboshi is sold out. 

This one just got a new restock. 

Comg also said its already outsold Dq11 lifetime. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said: 

Trying to steal my thunder?! 

Also, hello again thread. Y'all didn't summon me when Secret of Mana Vita showed up!

Can't find anything by GEO, but there's a blog post floating around 5ch (2ch) and other aggregation sites like Hachima Kiko that says something similar about their shop (where they work, I guess):

http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/52861727.html

間違いなくPS4ソフト史上最高のスタート!!

ドラゴンクエスト11の時にはあまり見られなかった
中学~高校の学生さん、若い社会人さんのお客さんも多く、
お客さんの年齢層がさらに広がっていた印象。

逆に3DSの4Gやクロスの頃は小学生位の子供さんも多かったのですが、
売っている感覚で言えばPSPの頃のポータブルを売っている頃を思い出す販売内容でした。

初日分はほぼ予約で埋まっていたと言う事もあり、
PS4本体の販売数はモンハンパック以外はそれほどでもなかったのですが
これからも期待できるのが、学生さんにリサーチ取ってみた所、
「学校でもかなり盛り上がっている!」、「友達に誘われて」的な
二次爆発も期待できる意見が聞けた事。

Translation:

"Without a doubt, the best start for a PS4 game in the system's [domestic] history."
"Many young adults, JHS and HS students came to the shop [to purchase MHW and related goods], a trend that wasn't seen for DQXI's release. It appears that the age range for this title has widened a bit [compared to other PS4 games].
Rather, while for the 3DS games such as 4G and Cross (MHX) there were many primary school students, the impression I got [for MHW] of who was buying was similar to that of the portable titles on PSP."

"As for the first day, of course there was the factor of pre-orders having been completely filled, and the PS4 HW sales aside from the MHW bundle/pack-in were nothing to write home about, however,
one thing I think we can expect is something I heard from students [who were buying/interested in the game], who said 'my friends at school were pretty psyched about this', or 'a friend invited me to play with them'--that is, decent indirect sales promotion."

Of course, still just a blog by what is likely one shopowner, so don't take it as gospel for the nation or anything.

Will be interesting to see Weekly number of COMG tomorrow. Just for reference

1 3DS Dragon Quest XI For the Passing Time 1409 pt
2 PS 4 Dragon Quest XI Passing and Seeking Time 1179 pt

Sounds like mh on PlayStation is not the same as the Nintendo monster Hunter audience. Good news for capcom. If they ever decide to do a ps4/switch mh game in future it should have great combined sales.

Noobie said:

Can't find anything by GEO, but there's a blog post floating around 5ch (2ch) and other aggregation sites like Hachima Kiko that says something similar about their shop (where they work, I guess):

http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/52861727.html

間違いなくPS4ソフト史上最高のスタート!!

ドラゴンクエスト11の時にはあまり見られなかった
中学~高校の学生さん、若い社会人さんのお客さんも多く、
お客さんの年齢層がさらに広がっていた印象。

逆に3DSの4Gやクロスの頃は小学生位の子供さんも多かったのですが、
売っている感覚で言えばPSPの頃のポータブルを売っている頃を思い出す販売内容でした。

初日分はほぼ予約で埋まっていたと言う事もあり、
PS4本体の販売数はモンハンパック以外はそれほどでもなかったのですが
これからも期待できるのが、学生さんにリサーチ取ってみた所、
「学校でもかなり盛り上がっている!」、「友達に誘われて」的な
二次爆発も期待できる意見が聞けた事。

Translation:

"Without a doubt, the best start for a PS4 game in the system's [domestic] history."
"Many young adults, JHS and HS students came to the shop [to purchase MHW and related goods], a trend that wasn't seen for DQXI's release. It appears that the age range for this title has widened a bit [compared to other PS4 games].
Rather, while for the 3DS games such as 4G and Cross (MHX) there were many primary school students, the impression I got [for MHW] of who was buying was similar to that of the portable titles on PSP."

"As for the first day, of course there was the factor of pre-orders having been completely filled, and the PS4 HW sales aside from the MHW bundle/pack-in were nothing to write home about, however,
one thing I think we can expect is something I heard from students [who were buying/interested in the game], who said 'my friends at school were pretty psyched about this', or 'a friend invited me to play with them'--that is, decent indirect sales promotion."

Of course, still just a blog by what is likely one shopowner, so don't take it as gospel for the nation or anything.

Will be interesting to see Weekly number of COMG tomorrow. Just for reference

1 3DS Dragon Quest XI For the Passing Time 1409 pt
2 PS 4 Dragon Quest XI Passing and Seeking Time 1179 pt

Kerotan said:
Sounds like mh on PlayStation is not the same as the Nintendo monster Hunter audience. Good news for capcom. If they ever decide to do a ps4/switch mh game in future it should have great combined sales.

Sounds like the same audience to me, teens/young adults.

The whole point of Monster Hunter Stories was to get kids into the franchise because it was predominantly teens/young adults playing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

YSO predictions
01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World < 230k (average 210k) [week 2]
02. [PS4] Dragon Ball FighterZ < 70k (average 60k) [week 1]
03. [NSW] Splatoon 2 < 25k (average 20k) [week 29]

Link

If YSO turns out right which it probably won't then you are looking at 1.5m sales in Japan including digital. After 2 weeks. Pretty awesome result but I'm hoping it does better.

Kerotan said:
If YSO turns out right which it probably won't then you are looking at 1.5m sales in Japan including digital. After 2 weeks. Pretty awesome result but I'm hoping it does better.

1.5mil would be really good, and is pretty high considering what people originally thought the game would sell.

It all depends on FW but this is a game we need to wait and see (like by week 4/5) to see where itll end up ltd. Its one of tgose games thaf could have great legs. At this rate 1.6mil is the floor lifetime imo. Ill still go with 2mil for my prediction

hope to see Bayonetta gaining some points in the next few days

Luke888 said:
hope to see Bayonetta gaining some points in the next few days

She will get 100 points per day and will surpass Monster Hunter World, hope all anus in this thread are ready!