By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Barkley said:
Looks like we might have to find and bump the announcement threads, for all the people saying MHW would sell badly because it wasn't on Switch.

I'd take great satisfaction in reading that. But here was nothing compared to neogaf where so many people gave it no chance of doing well. 

Kyuu said:
MHW current Amazon hourly rankings:

-PS4-
Japan: #1
USA: #12
UK: #8
Germany: #12
France: #8
Italy: #10
Canada: #6

-Xbox ONE-
USA: #86
UK: #64
Germany: N/A
France: #63
Italy:N/A
Canada: N/A

Thanks for his. Looks like it's doing well WW. 

Around the Network
Sam1994 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

i know that with every game it's different, but compared to ffxv and DQxi, monster hunter would be at 1,2 mil at the moment...

but if you compared to mhxx,it's "only" 0.6 million this time..really curious about the ratio for MHW.

yea, MH games historically have atrocious ratios pointing to ppl preordering at COMG being much more into the franchise than the general populace

with 1300 pts (which is my low end estimate right now) it wouldn't sell 1m 1st week if the ratio is below 770:1 and even MHXX's 650:1 ratio was actually very high for the franchise :/

edit: MHW seems to have 3days of sales in the launch week, while XX only had 2, so a higher ratio should be possible

Last edited by Lafiel - on 08 January 2018

Lafiel said:
Sam1994 said:

but if you compared to mhxx,it's "only" 0.6 million this time..really curious about the ratio for MHW.

yea, MH games historically have atrocious ratios pointing to ppl preordering at COMG being much more into the franchise than the general populace

with 1300 pts (which is my low end estimate right now) it wouldn't sell 1m 1st week if the ratio is below 770:1 and even MHXX's 650:1 ratio was actually very high for the franchise :/

edit: MHW seems to have 3days of sales in the launch week, while XX only had 2, so a higher ratio should be possible

at least if it does something like 900k retail it will be over 1m when considering digital and the 30k who bought it with the pro in december. 

Sam1994 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

i know that with every game it's different, but compared to ffxv and DQxi, monster hunter would be at 1,2 mil at the moment...

that's right, but i think it should compared to games that released on ps4, because they should have a similar ratio, but who knows, could be with monster hunter a different story

Barkley said:
Looks like we might have to find and bump the announcement threads, for all the people saying MHW would sell badly because it wasn't on Switch.

Ever heard of the concept opportunity costs?

Capcom will pay a heavy price, that's for sure. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Barkley said:

I'd take great satisfaction in reading that. But here was nothing compared to neogaf where so many people gave it no chance of doing well.

Neogaf was (is?) very extreme with some predictions. There's no such thing as moderate success or failure over there. I think we do a fine job most of the time, in comparison.

Also, I think you made the first MHW predictions thread

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

I agree that Capcom could make more money in Japan releasing a brand new Monster Hunter game on the Switch. But if they want that the series is also selling millions in the west they need to bring it on a highend console with outstanding graphics.

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:

I'm guessing the heavy price is more Monster Hunter games for Sony consoles, which I'm sure is bothersome to you.

I'm excited when the +40 points are hit for Monster Hunter World, maybe tomorrow?

Train wreck said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I'm guessing the heavy price is more Monster Hunter games for Sony consoles, which I'm sure is bothersome to you.

Millions of missed sales. 

I don't even like Monster Hunter, so I don't really care about missing out on it myself. I'd rather have Okami HD, which is another stupid decision by Capcom to not release it on Switch.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides