By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Nuvendil said:

the last console release was a remaster of a rerelease.  The last real console version was for Wii, but that's so far back the point ratio is going to be radically different.

Well I would use that but the COMG thread started in after that game came out so I have no idea what its COMG preorders were.

With regards to MH Tri on the Wii, it released 1 August 2009. The following quote is from Wikipedia, I have a feeling the PS4 version will destroy Wii's Japanese Sales.

Monster Hunter Tri shipped over one million units prior to its Japanese release date.[54] It was the top-selling game in Japan for the week ending August 2, 2009, at 520,000 copies sold.[55] As of December 12, 2009, Monster Hunter Tri is the best-selling third-party video game for the Wii in Japan, at 960,000 copies sold.[56] As of June 30, 2012, over 1.9 million copies have been sold on the Wii.[57]

Around the Network

Mario Odyssey better starts picking up the pace soon. 1 point is too little.
Again, another day, another Pokemon slay.
Good day for MHW too.

celador said:
pretty funny seeing the entitlement of people hoping a game fails for no other reason than it's not exclusive to their platform of choice this time

funny, and pathetic

It kind of felt like a slap in the face to be honest. Nintendo platforms and Nintendo themselves helped Monster Hunter in gaining more notoriety in the West, and Capcom won't give any details of localizing XX. I don't think its alright to wish Monster Hunter World a floppage over here, but I can see why many people feel that way.

.hack, Mario, Pokemon, and Monster Hunter moving. Hopefully the former two will pick up the pace soon.

Kuksenkov said:
celador said:
pretty funny seeing the entitlement of people hoping a game fails for no other reason than it's not exclusive to their platform of choice this time

funny, and pathetic

It kind of felt like a slap in the face to be honest. Nintendo platforms and Nintendo themselves helped Monster Hunter in gaining more notoriety in the West, and Capcom won't give any details of localizing XX. I don't think its alright to wish Monster Hunter World a floppage over here, but I can see why many people feel that way.

.hack, Mario, Pokemon, and Monster Hunter moving. Hopefully the former two will pick up the pace soon.

The only people who feel that way are petty people.  Monster Hunter World being available on two consoles and PC and has the same release date worldwide should be celebrated.  It cost little to nothing to own a ps4 or xbox 1 or get a graphics card powerful enough to run the game + the game, people need to grow up.

If Odyssey doesn't beat 3D Land, I must just lose my argument with that guy about how Odyssey will reach 15M lifetime

Come on Odyssey!!

Around the Network
GProgrammer said:
Nuvendil said:

the last console release was a remaster of a rerelease.  The last real console version was for Wii, but that's so far back the point ratio is going to be radically different.

Well I would use that but the COMG thread started in after that game came out so I have no idea what its COMG preorders were.

With regards to MH Tri on the Wii, it released 1 August 2009. The following quote is from Wikipedia, I have a feeling the PS4 version will destroy Wii's Japanese Sales.

Monster Hunter Tri shipped over one million units prior to its Japanese release date.[54] It was the top-selling game in Japan for the week ending August 2, 2009, at 520,000 copies sold.[55] As of December 12, 2009, Monster Hunter Tri is the best-selling third-party video game for the Wii in Japan, at 960,000 copies sold.[56] As of June 30, 2012, over 1.9 million copies have been sold on the Wii.[57]

It very well may.  But that would make it the best selling console monster hunter ever.  The Wii version of Tri has between 960,000 and 1.05 million units sold in Japan.  The next closest is MonHun 2 for the PS2 at 630,000.  The last Playstation console MonHun was Freedom 2, which is sitting at 500,000.  

Good day monster hunter world.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
If Odyssey doesn't beat 3D Land, I must just lose my argument with that guy about how Odyssey will reach 15M lifetime

Come on Odyssey!!

I dont think the numbers of pre-orders or beating Mario 3D Land has any bearing on if the Odyssey reaches 15M or not.

Mbolibombo said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Come on Odyssey!!

I dont think the numbers of pre-orders or beating Mario 3D Land has any bearing on if the Odyssey reaches 15M or not.

Pre-order numbers maybe not(COMG seems really odd with how they count) but beating 3D Land? It absolutely does. 3D Land sold like 2.15 million which is about a million more than any other 3D game in Japan. That extra million could count towards 15M lifetime

another good day for monster hunter and pokemon, the chart lives again;)