By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Barozi said:
I hear some people scream for Pikmin 3 to increase Wii U numbers in Japan, but isn't it kinda concerning that it isn't in the list yet, despite launching in ~45 days ?

DQX did better than it charted. 

WiiU games do better than projected here. Same with Game & Wario. But it won't do much any how. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 will do fine and it will increase Wii-U numbers, but not by enough to make the difference it needs.

It's followed the trend of most games on amazon.jp when they get put up for pre-order, which is shooting to the top of the charts and then dropping like a rock out of the top 10 then top 20.

As we get closer to release date, it'll show up back in the top 20 on amazon and will show up on here too. As Otaku says, COMG aren't too hot on Wii-U at the moment anyway. Their preference is undoubtedly PSP > PS3 > 3DS > Vita > Wii-U (so pretty much the order the systems released in, lol).

Which is why PS3 games with 90 days left will show up early but Wii-U games with half that amount won't.

Pikmin will have inevitable Nintendo-game legs as well, I suspect.

Barozi said:
I hear some people scream for Pikmin 3 to increase Wii U numbers in Japan, but isn't it kinda concerning that it isn't in the list yet, despite launching in ~45 days ?

I can't see it being that big of a hit, considering it's ceiling is ~500k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

A 500k LT is quite a big thing in Japan.

Anyways, what I really wanted to say, is that we need to stop quoting amazon rankings, those are even more meaningless than COMG :P

benao87 said:

Anyways, what I really wanted to say, is that we need to stop quoting amazon rankings, those are even more meaningless than COMG :P

Yes, it's big relatively. Those types of games don't typically do a lot of system saving. Wii U needs a major hit or about 3 more Pikmin 3s to get back on track.

Around the Network

Guys. Toukiden has been announced for an overseas release on Vita for Q3 2013. I'm happy!

outlawauron said:
benao87 said:

Yes, it's big relatively. Those types of games don't typically do a lot of system saving. Wii U needs a major hit or about 3 more Pikmin 3s to get back on track.

Well those are two things, one being a big game with strong sales, and two, being a system seller. I'm debating the former, I think 500k is a big thing in Japan. Now regarding the second thing, I agree with you, the bump on HW will be rather weak, say by the time the game releases HW sales will be hovering the 4k level, it can raise to ~15k or even ~20k if there is some kind of bundle. The effect will fade in a couple of weeks, even if the game is not as frontloaded as others.

benao87 said:
outlawauron said:
benao87 said:

Well those are two things, one being a big game with strong sales, and two, being a system seller. I'm debating the former, I think 500k is a big thing in Japan. Now regarding the second thing, I agree with you, the bump on HW will be rather weak, say by the time the game releases HW sales will be hovering the 4k level, it can raise to ~15k or even ~20k if there is some kind of bundle. The effect will fade in a couple of weeks, even if the game is not as frontloaded as others.

Absolutely. It'll be a bright spot but it'll likely have the same effect that a new Tales of title would have. Decent hardware boost, but not a title that'll help raise the sales floor.

I swear it feels like I'm playing Minesweeper these days...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)