By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Well, shit. Guess the only real question now is how well Splatoon's COMG points will actually translate to first week sell-through.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Well, shit. Guess the only real question now is how well Splatoon's COMG points will actually translate to first week sell-through.

Going by 1st party WiiU games, the ratio of 1p:1k Rule here only 2 games fell short. SSBU with about 90% and NSMBU about 80% from the ratio #. Even 3DS has a handful 1st party games with less ratio (of 1p:1k).

That said, look at it in the worse way, So 50% (or 1p:500sales) so minimum we are looking at at least 68k+. In comparison to SM3DW/Pikmin3, its matching its Sold FW.

Also to give an idea for anyone interested, i got some data on shipments. Srry cant get more!!!

Wii U game Shipments!

~XCX    *118k 

~MK8    402k (80% Sellthrough)

~HW     120k  (57% Sellthrough)

~SSBU 305-406k (60%-80% Sellthrough)

~SM3DW 174k  (57% Sellthrough)

~Pikmin 3 191k  (48% Sellthrough)

~Splatoon 120k+ (??%)

Remember back when point values were given labels and 20+ points in one day was Pokemon or Yokai Watch-tier or something?

the_dengle said:

Remember back when point values were given labels and 20+ points in one day was Pokemon or Yokai Watch-tier or something?

Ehem...  @Tlozjb's sig

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

Ehem...  @Tlozjb's sig

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

So not quite Pokemon/Yokai, but well above god mode.

Not too shabby for a new IP on a home console in Japan. Hell, has any home console game aside from NSMBU, Kart, and Smash topped 150 points yet this gen? Monster Hunter couldn't even do it... Anything on PS4? Knack?

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Slarvax said:

Ehem...  @Tlozjb's sig

Not too shabby for a new IP on a home console in Japan. Hell, has any home console game aside from NSMBU, Kart, and Smash topped 150 points yet this gen? Monster Hunter couldn't even do it... Anything on PS4? Knack?

Nothing on home consoles. Pokemon OR/AS had like 200 though.

Clyde32 said:
the_dengle said:
Slarvax said:

Ehem...  @Tlozjb's sig

Just had a list. DQ:Hero had 200p+ and Bloodborne had about 190, aftr that PS4 games are under 100p.

Also Knack lol. Probably not even 1p on COMG. I checked and it was less than 11p (didnt chart)

Knack didn't had a retail release in Japan iirc, it was bundled with all launch PS4s.

Clyde32 said:

Uh, ORAS had well over 1000. That's a 3DS game though. For all the doom and gloom about home consoles in Japan, this here new IP seems to be doing alright for itself.

EDIT: I was thinking Knack would have 'charted' with the bundle... I'm just an idiot and wasn't thinking that bundles aren't tracked on COMG.

So, I just checked the COMG archive to see what Yo-kai's original stay on the chart was, and I was shocked to find out it ended with 29pt. Twenty-nine. And now the game is well over a million sold in Japan alone.

I think that was the last new IP in Japan to really get big. I have to wonder if Splatoon could have similar legs and be the next big thing (I don't mean 1m in Japan, but big for a console game without Mario, Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy, at least).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread