By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Far Cry 4 will actually have some okay-ish numbers for a western game. 30k 1st week maybe?

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
DerNebel said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Anyone else think that xenoblade chronicles x will be the biggest release for wii u over there unless animal crossing or pokken come out this year

Probably not. Unless Xenoblade Chronicles X shows immense growth over its predecessor it's still most likely going to be Zelda.

I just dont see zelda doing a lot 

personally see it doing 80k at most imo

Don't bet on that. I can promise you will lose that. 

DerNebel said:
uran10 said:
DerNebel said:

Probably not. Unless Xenoblade Chronicles X shows immense growth over its predecessor it's still most likely going to be Zelda.

You do realize that timing matters right? Xenoblade released at a time when the Wiis popularity was down and going down. Right now It should be a lot bigger. Wanna make my first vgcharts bet?(just joking). I think its going to give the Wii U a bump a huge bump. Unless nintendo releases a bundle the week before or something along that line I think XBX without a bundle will give Wii U atleast a 10k boost over the previous week. If it has a bundle a 20k boost.

You're too optimistic there, even if the Wiis popularity was going down in Japan in 2010, it was still a lot more popular then the Wii U is now and is going to be in 2015, just check the yearly bestsellers for Japan that year, it's full of Wii games.

Xenoblade just wasn't very popular in Japan, no reason to blame the Wii for that.

And I highly doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to give the Wii U a significant bump.

I'm surprised Xenoblade got 160K. People were burned by Xenosaga II, which is why Xenosaga III only got 180K. However, good word of mouth and the N3DS version might do more than you think for the game.

Clyde32 said:
DerNebel said:

You're too optimistic there, even if the Wiis popularity was going down in Japan in 2010, it was still a lot more popular then the Wii U is now and is going to be in 2015, just check the yearly bestsellers for Japan that year, it's full of Wii games.

Xenoblade just wasn't very popular in Japan, no reason to blame the Wii for that.

And I highly doubt that Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to give the Wii U a significant bump.

I'm surprised Xenoblade got 160K. People were burned by Xenosaga II, which is why Xenosaga III only got 180K. However, good word of mouth and the N3DS version might do more than you think for the game.

Maybe, Xenosaga II is the only game in the series I ever played and I hated it, couldn't even finish the game.

Looking forward to tonights numbers. The charts have become really exciting lately. The next 3 months in Japan will actually help ps4 boost it's WW lead by a lot. The best is yet to come!

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Clyde32 said:

Maybe, Xenosaga II is the only game in the series I ever played and I hated it, couldn't even finish the game.

It was probably the worst entry in the series. 

Clyde32 said:
DerNebel said:
Clyde32 said:

It was probably the worst entry in the series. 

That's what I heard.

Xenoblade X releases on April 29th, which is the first day of Golden week a big shopping holiday, that release date is no coincidence, the early advertisements of the game show that Nintendo is at least trying to give the game a good push.

April 29th is also the day when the 3.0 version of Dragon Quest X comes out, so it'll be interesting how that plays out.

I wouldn't expect too much anyway, pretty much every WiiU game not released on the main holidays is doomed, Kirby will be the first victim.

episteme said:
DerNebel said:

Only 48k according to Media Create? Can you give me a source for that? Though I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case, vgchartz is apparently giving Nintendo games huge legs in Japan no matter if it makes sense or not, just look at Wonderful 101.

52K in 2013: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=876551

So Kylee was misinformed then.

Looks like DS2 gets a nice bump in the next few days. Bloodborne going to need a couple of good days to keep up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.