By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:

I suppose the thing I'm forgetting about legs is that it could get discounted like crazy in a bargain bin like Phantom Hourglass did and sell well that way.  So yes, anything is possible.

I'm expecting it to sell a lot more like Skyward Sword or A Link Between Worlds, though, which didn't have any legs at all.

Phantom Hourglass sold alot cuz it was in the bargain bin? Really? (this im asking, not arguing)

Also wat makes you think SS+ALBW doesnt have legs? Does that make you think all vita games dont have legs as well cuz they are in the same boat (FF X-X2/GE2/Freedom Wars/etc) in terms of sales from FW. 

Skyward Sword: 198k ⇒ 365k     167k, almost double of first week sales. 

A Link Between Worlds:  224k ⇒ 410k  thats 186k sold and counting (only been out for 7months)

Unless you meant SS+ALBW doesn't have the typical LoZ legs? But that alone doesn't warrant no legs :)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
AlphaCielago said:

I thought that Spirit Tracks was the game that got discounts. I never heard of Phantom getting discounts, although it did sell weirdly well.

One of them did.  Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong one!

Yeap, you are  Also both seem like they arent even discounted on japan amazon, are you sure one was in the discount bin? I doubt these games are after those sales.

tbone51 said:

Phantom Hourglass sold alot cuz it was in the bargain bin? Really? (this im asking, not arguing)

Also wat makes you think SS+ALBW doesnt have legs? Does that make you think all vita games dont have legs as well cuz they are in the same boat (FF X-X2/GE2/Freedom Wars/etc) in terms of sales from FW. 

Skyward Sword: 198k ⇒ 365k     167k, almost double of first week sales. 

A Link Between Worlds:  224k ⇒ 410k  thats 186k sold and counting (only been out for 7months)

Unless you meant SS+ALBW doesn't have the typical LoZ legs? But that alone doesn't warrant no legs :)

As I was saying to Alpha, one of Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks sold most of its copies through bargain bins.  He thinks it was Spirit Tracks.  I think it was Phantom Hourglass.  You'll have to draw your own conclusions on that one; here's an article showing a bargain bin full of copies of Phantom Hourglass:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/91594-adventures-in-japanese-bargain-hunting

And here's an article about how Spirit Tracks was quickly put into the bargain bin:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/08/less-zest-for-the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-in-japan/

Also, no, I don't think any Vita games have had any legs.  The only one I'd say that has had some was Hot Shots Golf, but even that's debatable.  The rest have had no legs at all.

We're beginning to see Sword Art Online & Persona 4 Golden have some legs thanks to the animes, but they were still both pretty front-loaded games

And especially Freedom Wars/God Eater had no legs.  They were massively front-loaded.  Do you genuinely think those games had good legs, Tbone?

Legs to me is more than 2 x FW sales.  I'd say approaching 3 x FW sales.  Not "nearly" 2 x FW sales (but still a ways off being close to 2 x).  Skyward Sword didn't reach double its FW sales.  Neither did ALBW, and although it's got a while longer to get there, it won't surpass it by much if anything.

Just like God Eater/Freedom Wars/SAO etc.

Kresnik said:

Also, no, I don't think any Vita games have had any legs.  The only one I'd say that has had some was Hot Shots Golf, but even that's debatable.  The rest have had no legs at all.

We're beginning to see Sword Art Online & Persona 4 Golden have some legs thanks to the animes, but they were still both pretty front-loaded games

And especially Freedom Wars/God Eater had no legs.  They were massively front-loaded.  Do you genuinely think those games had good legs, Tbone?

Legs to me is more than 2 x FW sales.  I'd say approaching 3 x FW sales.  Not "nearly" 2 x FW sales (but still a ways off being close to 2 x).  Skyward Sword didn't reach double its FW sales.  Neither did ALBW, and although it's got a while longer to get there, it won't surpass it by much if anything.

Just like God Eater/Freedom Wars/SAO etc.

I think we got different opinions on legs cuz i think a couple of vita games has legs. I dont personally think 2x of FW sales means legs, i think its a factor of wat sales are FW times a number of things. Oh well! 

Games with the most amazing legs this gen so far are Youkai Watch  (definetly #1), followed by Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario+Luigi Dream Team, etc. :0

tbone51 said:

I think we got different opinions on legs cuz i think a couple of vita games has legs. I dont personally think 2x of FW sales means legs, i think its a factor of wat sales are FW times a number of things. Oh well! 

The way I see it, it's a simple matter of semantics.  If you sell more than 50% of your copies in the first week of sales, you've sold the majority of copies in your first week.

So, you sold more copies in 1 week than you sold in all subsequent weeks combined.

How on earth is that legs?  That's the opposite of legs.  That's front loaded.  The majority of the game's sales come from the first week.

Aside from that, can we at least agree that Spirit Tracks was bargain bin fodder? ;)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

The way I see it, it's a simple matter of semantics.  If you sell more than 50% of your copies in the first week of sales, you've sold the majority of copies in your first week.

So, you sold more copies in 1 week than you sold in all subsequent weeks combined.

How on earth is that legs?  That's the opposite of legs.  That's front loaded.  The majority of the game's sales come from the first week.

Aside from that, can we at least agree that Spirit Tracks was bargain bin fodder? ;)

Probably OVERSHIPPED!!! But yes i agree. It did sell good in the beginning. 

For legs....... Well, 50%, argument can be countered. Monster Hunter 4G sold 1.9mil-2mil FW (including digital) and its about 3.6mil-3.8mil now. Does that mean it doesn't have legs since its not in the 50% over FW sales?

tbone51 said:

For legs....... Well, 50%, argument can be countered. Monster Hunter 4G sold 1.9mil-2mil FW (including digital) and its about 3.6mil-3.8mil now. Does that mean it doesn't have legs since its not in the 50% over FW sales?

I don't understand your counter because Monster Hunter 4G isn't releasing for another 2 months.  Who knows what it's going to sell, yet?

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

For legs....... Well, 50%, argument can be countered. Monster Hunter 4  (not G) sold 1.9mil-2mil FW (including digital) and its about 3.6mil-3.8mil now. Does that mean it doesn't have legs since its not in the 50% over FW sales?

I don't understand your counter because Monster Hunter 4G isn't releasing for another 2 months.  Who knows what it's going to sell, yet?

fixed, you kno i meant the first one >_<

Kresnik said:
  1. [3DS] Monster Watch 2 original - 125pt
  2. [3DS] Monster Watch 2 head family - 121pt
  3. [3DS] NEW Yoshi Island - 40pt
  4. [3DS] Sonipuro - 30pt
  5. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - 25PT
  6. [3DS] The Adventure of space-time and the master Don Taiko - 21pt
  7. [Vita] Sword Art Online - Hollow fragment - (Limited Edition) - 15Pt
  8. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto 5 (Bargain Edition) - 14pt
  9. [3DS] ! Happiness charge Precure Kawarun ☆ collection- 13pt
  10. [Vita] Freedom Wars - 12pt
  11. [PS4] METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND V ZEROES - 11pt
  12. [PS3] Renkinjutsushi sea of Atelier twilight of Shary (Limited Edition) - 11pt
  13. [3DS] Yokai Watch - 11pt
  14. [3DS] selfish fashion GIRLS MODE Tokimeki UP declaration greedy! - 10pt
  15. [3DS] Gundam Tri Age SP - 10pt
  16. [WiiU] Game & Wario - 8pt
  17. [Vita] Yuke over the corpse of my 2 (Limited Edition) - 8pt
  18. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy - 8pt
  19. [PS3] Watch Dogs - 7pt
  20. [Vita] Persona 4 The Golden - 6pt

That update effect for SAO! Nice

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

spirit tracks was the one that sold a lot while in bargain bin

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?