By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

So Mario Kart 8 got 1.2 million world wide and is the second best debut for a Mario Kart game. Unless Europe immediately has a 50% attach rate, I'm sure Japan got at LEAST 350k. Europe probably got over 260k, while North America is probably over 500k.

And I say the charts aren't boring yet. A little disappointing from Persona Q this close to release, but not bad. Freedom Wars keeps moving, should get over 100 points easily, and SSB is still somehow moving without help from E3 hype or even a release date.

Edit: While I maintain that the charts aren't boring yet, Persona 5 and Hyrule Warriors would be very welcome sights.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 probably sold more than 350k, and close to 400k. That's what that blog said. Sincerely, I don't know how people are making sub 300k predictions. COMG shows a lower performance? Who cares? COMG is a chain of just 16 shops in one of the 47 prefectures in Japan. While that blog is a reliable source. The owner of that blog is a subscriber of Media Create and he got the first day numbers. He is making a prediction from an original and believable source. It's not a random guessing.

This blog can't be doubted. I hope from tomorrow, when numbers shows up, nobody doubts again. This blog has never been wrong.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:

Mario Kart 8 probably sold more than 350k, and close to 400k. That's what that blog said. Sincerely, I don't know how people are making sub 300k predictions. COMG shows a lower performance? Who cares? COMG is a chain of just 16 shops in one of the 47 prefectures in Japan. While that blog is a reliable source. The owner of that blog is a subscriber of Media Create and he got the first day numbers. He is making a prediction from an original and believable source. It's not a random guessing.

This blog can't be doubted. I hope from tomorrow, when numbers shows up, nobody doubts again. This blog has never been wrong.

Our Japanese Stealth Agent, Your avatar fits well :p

Well it was only a few here who thought that, of course looking at previous WiiU games points to fw sales, it should of been clear it was definitely going to be 250k+. 426points is really good!

Anywayz thankz for the inside info, my 240k prediction will be crushed lol. Wonder how many people will think these sales arent good come this Wed :0

Yes, yes, yes!

Don't you see, Tbone? Setting the bar so low for a game like Mario Kart makes you look silly. I had high expectations for it because I knew it could do good. And lookie here, it most likely sold more than 300k, and you were saying that was too harsh.

Good day, good day.

NintendoPie said:
Yes, yes, yes!

Don't you see, Tbone? Setting the bar so low for a game like Mario Kart makes you look silly. I had high expectations for it because I knew it could do good. And lookie here, it most likely sold more than 300k, and you were saying that was too harsh.

Good day, good day.

I too have come here to moan about this.  I got shot down for expecting a points -> sales conversion equalling ~ 400k for MK8 based on that blog, and Tbone said it was a silly suggestion.  But he agrees with Hiska when he posts it!

(Tbone is all the things in this GIF)

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Yes, yes, yes!

Good day, good day.

Wat? I said that if it sold under 300k it wouldn't be bad, then yesterday your complaining about COMG and its dissapointing cuz it had 426points

tbone51 said:

Wat? I said that if it sold under 300k it wouldn't be bad, then yesterday your complaining about COMG and its dissapointing cuz it had 426points

That's not what I was even complaining about. I was annoyed with your lowering of expectations for MK8 (~200k would be "okay!") Hence why I mentioned "us" being okay with such a low opening.

I'm upping my prediction from 250k to 300k. Not going to 400k tho!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kresnik said:

I too have come here to moan about this.  I got shot down for expecting a points -> sales conversion equalling ~ 400k for MK8 based on that blog, and Tbone said it was a silly suggestion.  But he agrees with Hiska when he posts it!

(Tbone is all the things in this GIF)

Nooooooooo.... Hold on, really? I thought it was about your 800points and i said around 500points :-/

Or am i mistaken (again). anyway, i never thought it was impossible, i just told Ninpie that if it sold 250k for instance, it wouldn't be a disapointment like he claims. I mean the guy thinks if Pokemon XY doesnt hit 16mil its a disappointment >_>

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

That's not what I was even complaining about. I was annoyed with your lowering of expectations for MK8 (~200k would be "okay!") Hence why I mentioned "us" being okay with such a low opening.

??? Yes 200k+ woud of been ok, that was my point. I never said it was impossible for MK8 to do 300k+ (my prediction for weeks was 240k), it was the thing you kinda constantly do with many games. Its fine to do a prediction but making a fuss if it doesn't do as much as you want isnt right especially if a company itself doesn't expect as high. MK8 isnt a big example, there were many others. Like OR/AS