By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

200k+ is good, i dont know why you think 299k- (unless its under 200k) aint good. (im talking about all discussions,not just this post). Mario Kart will have huge legs, i mean look at SM3DW (started with 99k but currently over 500k)

Because the opening would be incredibly down compared to MK7. Doing around what DD!! did isn't the best thing.

You have a problem with expectations, MK7 had 2 major advantages over MK8 (i do kno however MK8 has more hype obviously). Being on Portable and Userbase differences. The other is Mario Kart 7 released during Dec. I dont kno why you expect so HIGH, when you literally saw SM3DW 97-99k /Pikmin 99k/ DK:TF 35-40k FW. Not saying anything wrong with predicting 300k, but being disapointed with 200k-280k?Really? You factor MK7 sales but dont consider MK Double Dash which is the best comparison (both Non holiday releases, Home Consoles, and similar userbases)

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
grats MK8, you did well

Now Youkai Watch will get most of the attention

tbone51 said:
BraLoD said:
grats MK8, you did well

Not if Hyrule Warriors Chartz. 

tbone51 said:

You have a problem with expectations, MK7 had 2 major advantages over MK8 (i do kno however MK8 has more hype obviously). Being on Portable and Userbase differences. The other is Mario Kart 7 released during Dec. I dont kno why you expect so HIGH, when you literally saw SM3DW 97-99k /Pikmin 99k/ DK:TF 35-40k FW. Not saying anything wrong with predicting 300k, but being disapointed with 200k-280k?Really? You factor MK7 sales but dont consider MK Double Dash which is the best comparison (both Non holiday releases, Home Consoles, and similar userbases)

The fact of the matter is, 300k is a ~120k drop from what MK7 did. That's a considerable drop. And I am taking DD!! into consideration, I'm saying it wouldn't be great if MK8 did comparable to it. 

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

The fact of the matter is, 300k is a ~120k drop from what MK7 did. That's a considerable drop. And I am taking DD!! into consideration, I'm saying it wouldn't be great if MK8 did comparable to it. 

Ok, but why compare it to exactly MK7 holiday portable release FW? Why have expectations only to that? You are only thinking 120k+ drop off from a holiday release. Jezus. You can have predictions but making things look bad cuz it didn't hit something of a high expectations isnt a good thing. All logical people dont expect MK8 to be close at all to MK7. The thing is you do this alot. ALOT. Sound like the people who scream Flop/Bomba all the time (not necessarily in this case). Im sure 95% of people would be happy to see 250k-275k FW opening!!!

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
tbone51 said:
BraLoD said:
grats MK8, you did well

Not if Hyrule Warriors Chartz. 

Yokai Watch will be lighting up te charts with 10-20 points a day though, Hyrule Warriors will shine in the last month hopefully, but then again we'll have a release date on SSB for 3DS and MH4G pre orders should open up before HyruleWarriors! Just hope all do good!

250k-275k would be lackluster imo. I predict 295k, any higher then it exceeds my expectations, any lower then it disappoints.

Infamous got about 20 pts then ended doin 35k-40k.
MK8 getting 270pts should do 270k-320k hence my 295k prediction.
Most points for Wii U PS4 and PSV are above the ratio from I have seen.

Yes ...erm... Date a Live ...go show the rest who's the boss.

And I say MK8 will have a.....250k opening.

kirby007 said:
This might have been brought up before but that yokai watch 2 combined is over 400 points, that surely can't be right can it?

Why not? Yokai Watch 2 should be candidate for 750k FW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dissapointing last day for MK, but in line with expectations. At least it can do a respectable 215-230k fw.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile