By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Mario Kart could manage to pull off a 300k opening?

What kind of Wii U preorder point to sales ratios have we seen lately?

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
Mario Kart could manage to pull off a 300k opening?

What kind of Wii U preorder point to sales ratios have we seen lately?

Yes i got you, hard to tell, its between 180k-350k imo. I say 230k-250k

DAYS         MK7             NSMBU       DQX            SM3DW   Pikmin 3    Mario Kart 8

FINAL  ~ 274 points    200 points   59 points  66 points  74 points   259points

First Week Sales  SM3DW= 99,588     NSMBU= 163,528   MK7= 423.619

Pikmin 3= 92,720     MH3= 106,388     Nintendo Land= 72.121 (dont have DQX)

That'll do, Mario Kart. That'll do.

I stand by my prediction of 261k FW.

Boring last few days overall for Mario Kart 8. Didn't even get to 270.

If it ends up being below 300k in the weekly then it won't be pretty. Although I don't have high expectations for it anymore.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Boring last few days overall for Mario Kart 8. Didn't even get to 270.

If it ends up being below 300k in the weekly then it won't be pretty. Although I don't have high expectations for it anymore.

200k+ is good, i dont know why you think 299k- (unless its under 200k) aint good. (im talking about all discussions,not just this post). Mario Kart will have huge legs, i mean look at SM3DW (started with 99k but currently over 500k)

A 250k start for Mario Kart would be pretty great. That's what I'm expecting.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The street date was broke, probably people just bougth the game in anothers store instead of pre-ordering.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

tbone51 said:

200k+ is good, i dont know why you think 299k- (unless its under 200k) aint good. (im talking about all discussions,not just this post). Mario Kart will have huge legs, i mean look at SM3DW (started with 99k but currently over 500k)

Because the opening would be incredibly down compared to MK7. Doing around what DD!! did isn't the best thing.

Fusioncode said:
A 250k start for Mario Kart would be pretty great. That's what I'm expecting.

Great start, do we kno wat GCN #s were when Double Dash Released? Anyway 250k would be an excellent start. Imo i think they didn't have a bundle cuz they are saving it for a late Oct/Early November release!