By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Wow @ MK8. I think it could end up getting 300-320 points.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Around the Network

Ok guys did some digging for Persona, all i can say is 2 things...

1. Persona 5 Will Be HUGE! I mean it might do wat FE did for the first time! BREAK A MILLION (Worldwide)
2. Persona Q might just show that the franchise can do well on Nintendo Platforms! (at least HH) maybe WiiU? :P

Here we go enjoy! Also obviously PQ wilk be over 100k first week, but looking at this we can see a minimum of 120k!

★FINAL DAY Pre Orders, First Week Sales★

●3DS games comparisons!!!

⇒162points  SMT IV    FW 188k 
⇒97points Etrian Odyssey IV -  FW 97k
⇒77points Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl  FW 88k
⇒119points+ Persona Q FW ???k

●Persona Franchise comparisons! (Vita PG4 i dont kno last 3 days #s, if somebody could find them :-/ )

⇒364points Persona 4 (PS2): FW 202k ⇒ 359k
⇒*192+points Persona 4 Golden (Vita): FW 137k ⇒ 275k (doesnt include digital)
⇒226points Persona 3 (PS2):                 FW 103k ⇒ 206k
⇒213points Persona 3 Portable (PSP):  FW 104k ⇒ 340k
⇒188points Persona 4 Arena (PS3)        FW 125k ⇒ 244k
⇒87points Persona2 Eternal Punishment(PSP) FW 25k ⇒ 53k

Also i added SMT! Boutros kept bugging me >_<

P4        P3        P4G        P3P       P4A     P2E     PQ     SMTIV

~ 18 Days   225p   124p     148p     147p        91p     64p    119p  107p

~ 17 Days   233p   130p     153p     151p        97p     64p               108p

~ 16 Days   235p   130p     154p     151p        98p     65p               111p

~ 15 Days   241p   133p     154p     153p      105p     67p               112p

Skippppp

~ FINAL      364p    226p     ???p     213p     188p     87p     ???p   162p

tbone51 said:

●Persona Franchise comparisons! (Vita PG4 i dont kno last 3 days #s, if somebody could find them :-/ )

COMG died for a few days when Persona 4 Golden was on the final stretch.  192 was the last number we got for it, unfortunately.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

COMG died for a few days when Persona 4 Golden was on the final stretch.  192 was the last number we got for it, unfortunately.

which sucks cuz its the last 2-3 days missing! Most important ones too >_>

I kno we talked about it before but seriously PQ breaking expectations, even on amazon there are 2 different SKU's and the regular one is the 20th most ordered game of 2014! 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183309&page=1  (it moved up in the past 2 days to 20th)

Pretty damn good for pre orders vs total sold there. Even MK8+YW2 (seperate SKU) in the top 20!

Im not saying Persona will not stay with Sony cuz thats beyond retarded, but i definitely can see Persona in the future being multiplat with nintendo. Especially if Persona Q can do 225k+ lifetime in japan.

Lastly weren't you one of the guys arguing in the Hyrule Warriors thread of 1mil sold? PQ is proving your point. Also One Piece (dynasty warrior) and Pokemon Conquest help out your claim

tbone51 said:

which sucks cuz its the last 2-3 days missing! Most important ones too >_>

I kno we talked about it before but seriously PQ breaking expectations, even on amazon there are 2 different SKU's and the regular one is the 20th most ordered game of 2014! 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183309&page=1  (it moved up in the past 2 days to 20th)

Pretty damn good for pre orders vs total sold there. Even MK8+YW2 (seperate SKU) in the top 20!

Im not saying Persona will not stay with Sony cuz thats beyond retarded, but i definitely can see Persona in the future being multiplat with nintendo. Especially if Persona Q can do 225k+ lifetime in japan.

Lastly weren't you one of the guys arguing in the Hyrule Warriors thread of 1mil sold? PQ is proving your point. Also One Piece (dynasty warrior) and Pokemon Conquest help out your claim

Yup, I was arguing that Hyrule Warriors will reach 1m (I still believe that it will).

Tbh, I feel like your expectations were too low for Persona Q.  I know it was its first time on a Nintendo platform, but it's still a Persona game, a hugely relevant (and growing IP).  That has the cast of Persona 4 in which are pretty much universally adored by the fanbase.  There was no way in hell it was going to sell in line with an Etrian Odyssey game.

With that said, pre-orders have been a bit higher than I expected too.  Like Boutros, I was expecting it to do similarly to SMT IV, and it seems to be beating that by a bit.

I don't see Persona going multi-plat.  Atlus made it pretty clear with their last round of announcements that they're not interested in doing that.  We got 2 PS3 exclusives; 1 Vita exclusive and 1 3DS exclusive.  I'd imagine they'll just keep making exclusives with the main series being on PS3; remakes being on Vita and certain spinoffs being on Nintendo hardware.  It's certainly not impossible that they'll come to Nintendo with the main games (after all, SMT IV did), but I find it a bit unlikely.

Around the Network

Very good for MK8 and FW. Also I am proud of Infamous :P.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Yup, I was arguing that Hyrule Warriors will reach 1m (I still believe that it will).

Tbh, I feel like your expectations were too low for Persona Q.  I know it was its first time on a Nintendo platform, but it's still a Persona game, a hugely relevant (and growing IP).  That has the cast of Persona 4 in which are pretty much universally adored by the fanbase.  There was no way in hell it was going to sell in line with an Etrian Odyssey game.

With that said, pre-orders have been a bit higher than I expected too.  Like Boutros, I was expecting it to do similarly to SMT IV, and it seems to be beating that by a bit.

I don't see Persona going multi-plat.  Atlus made it pretty clear with their last round of announcements that they're not interested in doing that.  We got 2 PS3 exclusives; 1 Vita exclusive and 1 3DS exclusive.  I'd imagine they'll just keep making exclusives with the main series being on PS3; remakes being on Vita and certain spinoffs being on Nintendo hardware.  It's certainly not impossible that they'll come to Nintendo with the main games (after all, SMT IV did), but I find it a bit unlikely.

Yeah, glad for PQ! I agree, i see the same pattern happening again with the platforms. But im glad your not one of those "Its Impossible" nay sayers! I think its very unlikely as well, just pointing out there's a chance.

With MK8+PQ around the courner i should do a Prediction thread on FW! Also PQ has a bundle i just notice!

Damn japan gets everything :X

Oh, Tbone.

Anyhow, I wonder how MK8 did today. Seems some are pleased enough.

NintendoPie said:
Oh, Tbone.

Anyhow, I wonder how MK8 did today. Seems some are pleased enough.

The numbers aren't in yet. 

Clyde32 said:

The numbers aren't in yet. 

So people are still reacting to yesterday's numbers?

Get with the times, you others!