By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Conversations With Creaters: Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4

crissindahouse said:
taus90 said:

wow Ubisoft has truly supported Playstation brand with exclusive content for PS3, Vita and Now PS4 and they continue to support despite the failure of their Exclusive HAZE.. that's called Loyalty (staring @ Rockstar)

you can be very sure that sony pays ubisoft for this exclusive content and that it is business and not loyality. like microsoft pays activision for the timed exclusive cod stuff and so on...

that's why i said in another thread that sony and microsoft should stop with that shit. no customer has something from that, they invest a lot of money for "exclusive content" and could rather invest it in their own studios. there is no advantage for sony nor microsoft if they both pay for all the exclusive stuff. the advantage would be only there if only one company would do it.

Well I can believe MS pays for exclusive, but for a valid reason, as they dont have as many studios as Sony or Nintendo. As for Sony,with R&D cost for PS4, closing studios, cancelling games and Loss incuring with PS3 and Vita I dont think they were ever in a position to buy any exclusive content.. The only reason i could think Ubisoft made Haze ps3 exclusive, they must have believed PS3 will see similar success to PS2 and that it will that generations "Halo killer for PS".. if sony were buting exclusive, well they sure made the dumbest descision of not making GTA4 timed exclusive when Rockstar offered deal in return for what PS2 base did to GTA series, instead sony asked them to make an imaginary game "Agent" (a paid exclusive game wouldnt take this long) 

But anyhow going by the rumors i think MS will be spending big bucks for third party exclusive for atleast six more months after that their internal studio will catch up.  

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
taus90 said:

wow Ubisoft has truly supported Playstation brand with exclusive content for PS3, Vita and Now PS4 and they continue to support despite the failure of their Exclusive HAZE.. that's called Loyalty (staring @ Rockstar)

you can be very sure that sony pays ubisoft for this exclusive content and that it is business and not loyality. like microsoft pays activision for the timed exclusive cod stuff and so on...

that's why i said in another thread that sony and microsoft should stop with that shit. no customer has something from that, they invest a lot of money for "exclusive content" and could rather invest it in their own studios. there is no advantage for sony nor microsoft if they both pay for all the exclusive stuff. the advantage would be only there if only one company would do it.

While i completly Agree from Sonys side they have no problem with Exclusives. they release a ton a year to keep the core happy and give people new IP's all the time.. MS should stop paying through the nose for map packs ans make some more games. 

"PlayStation 4 is enabling our teams to deliver more graphical detail, a new dimension of social connection and the kind of seamless gaming experience we’ve always dreamed of offering. "

Because this isn't possible on PC LOL.

I'm glad they happy with the console though. Means some great console gaming experiences will come.

Hopefully with all the ps4's RAM they can fit like over 1000 army men on screen at once so it's even more like a real battle,

That would be epic :D

Cobretti2 said:
"PlayStation 4 is enabling our teams to deliver more graphical detail, a new dimension of social connection and the kind of seamless gaming experience we’ve always dreamed of offering. "

Because this isn't possible on PC LOL.

Bolded isn't, especially with Uplay. 

Around the Network
Tomothebarbarian93 said:
Hopefully with all the ps4's RAM they can fit like over 1000 army men on screen at once so it's even more like a real battle,

That's more of a CPU thing than a RAM thing.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

Aw that's a shame :(

Tomothebarbarian93 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

All is not lost.

More RAM means better textures, faster loading, and allows more processes to happen in the background while playing a game (in the PS4's case that's recording and downloading/installing).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:

All is not lost.

More RAM means better textures, faster loading, and allows more processes to happen in the background while playing a game (in the PS4's case that's recording and downloading/installing).

Yeah, the new gen will definitly bring tons of lil benefits :)

taus90 said:
crissindahouse said:
taus90 said:

Well I can believe MS pays for exclusive, but for a valid reason, as they dont have as many studios as Sony or Nintendo. As for Sony,with R&D cost for PS4, closing studios, cancelling games and Loss incuring with PS3 and Vita I dont think they were ever in a position to buy any exclusive content.. The only reason i could think Ubisoft made Haze ps3 exclusive, they must have believed PS3 will see similar success to PS2 and that it will that generations "Halo killer for PS".. if sony were buting exclusive, well they sure made the dumbest descision of not making GTA4 timed exclusive when Rockstar offered deal in return for what PS2 base did to GTA series, instead sony asked them to make an imaginary game "Agent" (a paid exclusive game wouldnt take this long) 

But anyhow going by the rumors i think MS will be spending big bucks for third party exclusive for atleast six more months after that their internal studio will catch up.  

well, if you really think ubisoft started from one to the next moment to make exclusive stuff in the games for sony just for fun then ok, but i'm sure it's not like that and no clue why you always mention haze. excluisve games can happen from time to time when you support a new console (especially with a totally different architecture to the other consoles) but exclusive content after years and for games which also release for other systems doesn't happen just because the developer is loyal or whatever. 

there will be some agreement, maybe not a payment but a "lower royalties for those games" or "we will make exclusive bundles with you if you make exclusive content"