By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Edge Time Extend: Final Fantasy XII

the story was boring, the characters weak, but the sidequest and the combat are the best in the series.
if you want to kill yazmat you,ll end up playing 200 hours.
ff13 really dissapoint me.

Around the Network

It's quite a great and playable game.... but I like every final fantasy lol.

I thought some things reminded me about star wars too much...

I think is the only modern final fantasy I couldn't beat because I got bored halfway in the game. The combat was so tedious I couldn't bear it.
Also it's weird fans saying FF13 play itself (which is somewhat true) while FF12 gets almost all praise. To me the two battle systems play itself, only difference is that in 13's system the battles are quick and thus more bearable

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

ff12 is one of my favorite. I like it more than ff13.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I have played every FF except 11 & 14 and this was the one that I put the most hours into (127). As such it has really stuck with me even to this day.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Not my favorite in the series but still a very good game, i really liked the world and the combat system even tough i love turn based combat overall.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i remmber the summer when i bought this game, i bought elders scrools oblivion, final fantasy 12 and a ps3 , sadly my ps2 broke when i had only about 40 % ff 12 completed.

:( never finished this game, not the best ff i played but damn i wanted to finish it ...

If you still have the game and a powerful enough PC, try PCSX2.

I liked everything about Final Fantasy 12 that I've played except the battle system. For someone who would rather control the characters, the way they system played out didn't allow for controlling all the characters to be very enjoyable unless you liked wasting a lot of time, so you were forced to use the Gambit system.

Here's how the ATB system worked on FF12. Choose an ability and then the ability charges up then goes off. Only items have a near immediate use. Here's how it should have been though. They should have had the ATB system charge up like previous games and then the skill goes off. The reason for this is that sometimes your characters will already choose one attack with a Gambit and then you need to switch over to them because you need to use something else, healing, etc. Because of this, the way it's done rather than the way it should have been done is inefficient. If it was also done where it charges up first, they could have even added an option to set each character as player controlled, and then automatically open the menu for that character once their turn is ready like a traditional ATB.

But yeah. Like I said. Liked everything I played about the game except the issues with the battle system. So I'll eventually play it later and give it another chance. Even though Vaan has no reason to be in the game, he's atleast a bearable character and not as annoying as some characters, like Tidus. Balthier is most people's favorite though, so you have to wonder how the game would have turned out story wise if he was the main character. And if that's the case, you have to wonder if Matsuno would have made sure the issues with the battle system were resolved.

I never knew any of this about Balthier being the main character or about Matsuno's quarrel with Square Enix about it. Matsuno knew what he was doing as just about every game he's worked on is considered a masterpiece in gaming. Then look at FF13. Look at the series when high profile developers like Sakaguchi and Matsuno are no longer in charge. Yeah. Square Enix really knows what's better. FF13 is not only considered the worst Final Fantasy by many, but has only sold more because it's multiconsole, with each console separately being less in sales than FF12.