By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario, Daisy, and Waluigi; Where'd they come from?

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
If they made a Waluigi game it would be as weird or strange as that Tingle game. I would imagine. Which would be a good thing.

Waluigi's Mansion?   To be honest it still bothers me that Mario's "alter ego?" is called Wario  but Luigi's is called Waluigi and not ┌uigi (I dont care what you would call that xD )

I mean Waluigi is somewhat cheap of a name...

Would their dino be Wayoshi?  And the princess (I would vote for Fat Princess because "it" looks like shit)  be called  Wapeach?

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
richardhutnik said:

I am old school.  Everyone knows MK is short for Mortal Kombat!  But, but, you say... MK is a karting game.  I do agree! (and GoW is short for Gears of War!)

Come now, MK can be context-sensitive. 9 times out of 10 it's pretty obvious which game is being referred to.

Yes, MORTAL KOMBAT! Muhahahaha

richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:
Wario comes from WarioLand and it was supposed to be the evil alter ego of Mario, hence the inverted M on his hat.

Waluigi doesn't get a game for himself ;_; It's so sad.

What's even sadder still is that he wasn't in MK7. =[

But yeah thanks guys! The Land games predate my time so that explains that. I wish they'd show up in more main series game, as saving a princess that isn't Peach from an enemy that isn't Bowser would be a nice change every now and then.

Waluigi would be AWESOME as a character in Mortal Kombat!

You know I meant Mario Kart 7 you silly. :P

I am old school.  Everyone knows MK is short for Mortal Kombat!  But, but, you say... MK is a karting game.  I do agree! (and GoW is short for Gears of War!)

lolz Motor Kombat.

the year of Luigi should be a Waluigi game (for Wii U)

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

Why? Luigi =/= Waluigi. They could make a game with Luigi as the protagonist and Waluigi as the villian or something, though it's not likely. 

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:
Wario comes from WarioLand and it was supposed to be the evil alter ego of Mario, hence the inverted M on his hat.

Waluigi doesn't get a game for himself ;_; It's so sad.

What's even sadder still is that he wasn't in MK7. =[

But yeah thanks guys! The Land games predate my time so that explains that. I wish they'd show up in more main series game, as saving a princess that isn't Peach from an enemy that isn't Bowser would be a nice change every now and then.

Waluigi would be AWESOME as a character in Mortal Kombat!

You know I meant Mario Kart 7 you silly. :P

lolz Motor Kombat.

Yeah, they stuck that in as one of the mini-games in one of the Mortal Kombat home titles.  And it adds YET another level of confusion to what MK stands for.

Einsam_Delphin said:
EricFabian said:

Why? Luigi =/= Waluigi. They could make a game with Luigi as the protagonist and Waluigi as the villian or something, though it's not likely. 

They should. Another main enemy could really help breathe new life into the Mario and luigi series. Mario and Luigi partners in time 2 with Wario and Waluigi sounds great already...

A plot where the villains go back in time to rewrite history to make themselves the heroes? Brilliant if I do say so myself!

Daisy - Super Mario Land
Wario - Super Mario Land 2
Waluigi - Hell

JazzB1987 said:
spurgeonryan said:
If they made a Waluigi game it would be as weird or strange as that Tingle game. I would imagine. Which would be a good thing.

Waluigi's Mansion?   To be honest it still bothers me that Mario's "alter ego?" is called Wario  but Luigi's is called Waluigi and not ┌uigi (I dont care what you would call that xD )

I mean Waluigi is somewhat cheap of a name...

Would their dino be Wayoshi?  And the princess (I would vote for Fat Princess because "it" looks like shit)  be called  Wapeach?

The names Wario and Waluigi are actually a japanese wordplay, "warui" means bad in japanese, so Wario can be translated in "Bad Mario". So the name wasn't Wario because they just turned around the "W" on Marios hat. Waluigi on the other hand was just a victim of bad/different translation, since he is spelled "Waruiiji" in japanese, which would make a lot more sense then Waluigi