By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:

Yep.. You have wonderful eyes..

Im shocked that you were actually able to see that i typed the word "money" 

Good job *claps*

Now umm.. Could you reread my comment and answer the questions?

Thanks ;)

Ok........ i'll answer your question.

Gaming companies (Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Tecmo etc) visions were already 3 steps ahead of sony (did sonys money help? well, im sure it did, prettier graphics and all those nothing but minor bells and whistles)

But gaming & "sony's vision" do not belong in the same sentence.

Gaming was heading in that direction anyway (the 3D etc)........ the world of innovation and vision in gaming was doing fine LONG before sony showed up, and gamings vision and innovation will continue long after sony are out of the gaming business.

I apologise if i sound a little agressive or angry............ sony just happen to always rub me up the wrong way.

Nah Sony talked about their vision in a PlayStation Underground special back in the day. They crafted their own market. Everything about PlayStation revolved around this vision. Nintendo always had this Child/kid image but Sony wanted their own market. The main driving force behind this vision was to target the 19 year old. They werent too old but werent too young either. It was a place for EVERYONE. They crafted that market and saw success that no other had seen on consoles. That market is the PlayStation market! and it is also the market that the Xbox is in right now.

There is really only 2 markets in the home console space and that is the Nintendo market and the PlayStation market.

there is more but i dont feel like looking for it on youtube

Sorry dude............. but i can not give somebody credit for "targeting a market"

Besides, the market targeting thing had been done by SEGA beforehand with the "cooler and edgier than Nintendo" theme.

sony did NOT innovate or have visions in my eyes, just marketing bigwigs with money to throw around.

Lol! I was talking about their vision, not why you should give them credit LMAO

Edit: i also was not talking about marketing. also i was unsure about if you were talking about Ninty or Sega. But yea everything thrived on PlayStation regardless.. ;)

Around the Network

I'm a PS3 fan and I've never liked any of these games. The only game that surprised when it went multi was Devil May Cry. I disliked 4 and despised the reboot.I used to think highly of that franchise but I now realize that only 1 & 3 are good games.

enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:

Good job *claps*

Thanks ;)

Gaming companies (Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Konami, Namco, Tecmo etc) visions were already 3 steps ahead of sony (did sonys money help? well, im sure it did, prettier graphics and all those nothing but minor bells and whistles)

Gaming was heading in that direction anyway (the 3D etc)........ the world of innovation and vision in gaming was doing fine LONG before sony showed up, and gamings vision and innovation will continue long after sony are out of the gaming business.

I apologise if i sound a little agressive or angry............ sony just happen to always rub me up the wrong way.

Nah Sony talked about their vision in a PlayStation Underground special back in the day. They crafted their own market. Everything about PlayStation revolved around this vision. Nintendo always had this Child/kid image but Sony wanted their own market. The main driving force behind this vision was to target the 19 year old. They werent too old but werent too young either. It was a place for EVERYONE. They crafted that market and saw success that no other had seen on consoles. That market is the PlayStation market! and it is also the market that the Xbox is in right now.

There is really only 2 markets in the home console space and that is the Nintendo market and the PlayStation market.

Sorry dude............. but i can not give somebody credit for "targeting a market"

Besides, the market targeting thing had been done by SEGA beforehand with the "cooler and edgier than Nintendo" theme.

sony did NOT innovate or have visions in my eyes, just marketing bigwigs with money to throw around.

Last post.......... 100%.

They had visions......... well whoopy doo, every company in existence that has ever advertised had a vision at some point.

Hardly relevant to innovation is it.

Wouldn't be suprised if they paid some 3RD party outsider advertising firm to come up with most of their visions to begin with.

May we NEVER forget Ken Kuturagi going undercover and stealing ideas during his visits to Nintendo in the early 90's

LOL what is this thread? This isn't 2006 anymore.

Talal said:
LOL what is this thread? This isn't 2006 anymore.

Well the FFXIII meltdown happened in 2010. Even recently there was some whining about the upcoming Metal Gear Solid games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I'm personally upset that Sega put Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 on PSP.

If I liked Bayonetta I'd probably be personally upset that it's gone from Multiplatform including PS3 to Wii U exclusive. But I don't like Bayonetta, so I don't care.

I was miffed when the Oddworld franchise went from PS1 to Xbox exclusive. But now those games are on PS3, so yay!

I'm was personally upset that Sony thought they had to try to out FPS Xbox360 in order to be competitive and so put resource into making games in a genre I don't like. But they came around and started to deliver some great non-FPS games, so now I don;t mind so much about all that FPS nonsense.

I'm really glad PS3 got Mass Effect. And I'm probably equally, or more happy, that PS3 got Dragon Age, a franchise that could easily have been a PC360 exclusive. In some ways I'm glad EA gobbled up Bioware and forced them to cover all HD platforms. But in other ways I feel bad for Bioware's loss of independence and self -direction.

So I only get grumpy when a franchise I like that was on a platform I own leaves that platform and appears on a platform I won't be owning.

I would have been pretty sad if all that multiplatforming had caused PS3 to become a non-viable plaftorm. But it didn't so it doesn't matter.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:
Ronster316 said:
enditall727 said:

Good job *claps*

Thanks ;)

Last post.......... 100%.

They had visions......... well whoopy doo, every company in existence that has ever advertised had a vision at some point.

Hardly relevant to innovation is it.

Wouldn't be suprised if they paid some 3RD party outsider advertising firm to come up with most of their visions to begin with.

May we NEVER forget Ken Kuturagi going undercover and stealing ideas during his visits to Nintendo in the early 90's

You were the one that implied that Sonys vision was just 3d gaming. I was trying to say what some of their real vision was. It was all on a specific PlayStation Underground episode but i cant remember the name.

Steal ideas? Like what? You have to remember that Sony and Ninty were going to work together at 1 point so im sure they knew what each other was working with on the hardware side but the systems turned out to be a lot different at the end of the day. If you are talking stealing ideas like Crash Team Racing being a Mario Kart clone then i would say that its all good because Crash Team Racing was superior to Mario Kart 64.

and what do you mean by innovation? weve seen innovation from Sony on the hardware AND software side if your talking about new and fresh ideas

What the hell? Are people seriously complaining about that shit? Wow :-O
As long as I get the PS3 version I don´t give a fuck on what other platforms they release. I mean how pathetic is it to complain about dumb shit like this. The quality of some of those games went down, but this is not due to the platform change. It is due to a lack of good ideas. Threads like this make me question the accountibility of certain gamers.

Id only be upset if they went from exclusive PS games to exclusive 360 games.

Just a side note: RE wasn't PS2 exclusive. There's that little game called Resident Evil 4 which was on Gamecube.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix