By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level editor in next 3D Mario?

Tagged games:

enditall727 said:
Player2 said:

Nah, this would fall under the "Nintendo doesn't innovate" section:

Hmm not bad

That track editor really doesnt let you create anything. It just lets you add a couple things to an already created track. But now that i think about it, the op never said "creater" in the title so i guess it  wouldnt be worthy to gain that status.

I had to go back and check that out since ive never really played it. Also, what other level editors and track editors did Ninty make back then??

The expansion kit of F-Zero X had a level editor (and a car editor too):

F-Zero Climax had one too:

World Grand Prix from Sega had an editor eons ago too:

Around the Network
Player2 said:
enditall727 said:
Player2 said:

Nah, this would fall under the "Nintendo doesn't innovate" section:

Hmm not bad

That track editor really doesnt let you create anything. It just lets you add a couple things to an already created track. But now that i think about it, the op never said "creater" in the title so i guess it  wouldnt be worthy to gain that status.

I had to go back and check that out since ive never really played it. Also, what other level editors and track editors did Ninty make back then??

The expansion kit of F-Zero X had a level editor (and a car editor too):

F-Zero Climax had one too:

World Grand Prix from Sega had an editor eons ago too:

Sega?

????

enditall727 said:

Sega?

????

On the Master System.

pezus said:
I heard level creating was boring... *cough*

Shhhh, that applies only when speaking about Little Big Planet!

I don't know. There's too big a chance it'll be tacked on, doesn't include enough options to truly make good levels or is way too complicated.

Level creators are in concept a good and fun thing, but they're hit-or-miss usually. There's only two actually good level creators; the one for Warcraft III because it gives you the same power as the developers in an easy way, and the one for Motocross Madness because of it's utter simplicity and effectiveness. Those kinds of games however are much simpler to create effective levels for, compared to 3D Mario.

I'd rather see they make a level creator for Mario Kart 8 instead; have you literally 'draw' the course of the track on the GamePad and then include backgrounds, obstacles and scenery from elaborate menus.

DarkTemplar said:
Nintendo fans let me ask you this...

What would you prefer on the next Mario 3D Game, 10 new levels made by Nintendo or a simplified port of the level editor the used to create the game?

P.S.: There is no miracle in software development, everything is a trade-off. With the time spent creating a level editor Nintendo could create new content (is this case levels) for the game.

If one or the other, naturally '10 new levels made by Nintendo' .

Around the Network

It would add a lot of replayability which Mario platformers desperately need imo, but I could only see it working in 2D Marios. 3D would be way too complicated as said already.

if there is user generated levels/content will people buy the next 3D Mario?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

@Roma:
It would certainly encourage me greatly to buy it as it wouldn't just collect dust after I beat it like every other Mario platformer I've played barring Sunshine.