By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS described as "flop"

I have been in university and we were having a conversation about games consoles. when this guy we know called Reza suddenly pipes up and says that the DS was a flop, or as he said "man, dat is a propa flop of a gimmick, it never gonna sell".

This guy lives in his own world, he's very intelligent, but if something doesn't directly effect he he doesn't know about it, so his claims are very often incredible. I have a thousand stories about his bullshit. He thinks he is "PROPA GANGSTA" even though he was educated in a private school and has extremely rich parents.

Anyway, he starts to defend himself, we all argued against him, talking about sales etc... and he came out with the arguement that, it hasn't had great sales that are through the roof like the PS3 and the PS3 has been the most profitable console of all time. To which we just said he was talking shit. Then he said DS will never break 70 million becvause the gimmick will die off.

Anyway I just thought it was funny and that you guys might get a laugh out of it.

*edit* you guys know I love the PS3 and DS, but lets face it the PS3 may never be as profitable as the DS

Around the Network

Show him VGChartz. Introduce him to the hardware numbers.

I fail to see this person's intelligent aspect.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

70M? I hope he was talking about American sales...

please dont show him this site. i abhor the idea of having him give his opinion here

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
I fail to see this person's intelligent aspect.

He knows the course material very well, and is very logical (sometimes). He has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the film making and television industry.

But outside of that he makes up bullshit and thinks he's right about things he knows nothing about

So because one person describes the DS as a flop, we need a thread about it??!? Obviously the numbers suggest otherwise.

Hus? Blue3?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

This guy is such a loser and he has my upmost contempt. How ignorant and uniformed can he be.

^ who are they? I've heard hus's name pop up a few times but who's blue3? did they slag off the DS no end of something