By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Dominte World (2.4 billion soft and 410 million Hardware.)

Remember when Nintendo was stupid enough to try and keep the GameBoy going against the Game Gear/Lynx/Game.com/Nomad/Neo Geo Pocket? It just goes to show you that new technology trumps all.

Around the Network

Oh, and don't forget how the Sega Master System came and totally stole all of the NES' market share since it was way more powerful. Then the CD-i nabbed all their SNES sales since it used a revolutionary new technology. Yeah, Nintendo's had a rough road all right, opting for less-than-top-of-the-line hardware.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

And didn't DS get roasted in WW sales by the so much more powerful PSP?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Of course, Nintendo's not the only one. We all know that Sony got its goose cooked last gen by the XBOX, and the generation before that by the 3DO. And Atari's 2600 was totally swept off the market by the Colecovision back in the day. Yeah, power's totally everything when it comes to consoles. How could we not see this before?

*FOOM*

Ah geez, the Sarcasm-o-Meter blew again...

That´s a hell lot of games.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

Around the Network

Have we all noticed except for last gen (dreamcast) the weakest hardware has won. I believe this cause the systems had more innovative titles and not worried about how pretty they look.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Judging by Nintendo's present, future looks to remain the same.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

There is no way that those numbers are right... people bought way more then 5 Nintendo games per console sold....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Closer to 6 per console. And you have to remember, that's an average, meaning it's representative of nobody. Some gamers only ever get 1 to 2 games for a given system they own, others get 20+.

Ps2 alone sold like 1 billion pieces of software--well, according to Wikipedia, it did. Still, congratz to Nintendo and all their success!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.