By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame 4 REVEALED

Given the talent lined up behind this title, I don't see how it can fail.

Hm, I hope I didn't just jinx it...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
awww, this game could have been so scary visually if it had of been done on the PS3/360.
Ghosts + 720p = scary awesome.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll be ok, the PS2 versions were pretty decent for there time.

Troll Monster wins "backhanded compliment of the thread" award.

More seriously though, it's a fairly big announcement for the Wii. While the game doesn't appeal to me, obviously Fatal Frame is a relatively well-known series, if not top-tier. Interesting and entirely expected that the Japanese developers are leading the slow movement towards the Wii, given the situation over there. American developers can lean on the 360 for support, so they mostly haven't seen much of a need to move projects to Nintendo.

Capcom and Sega were the first substantial Japanese developers to support Wii. Tecmo is now on board, and Namco-Bandai seems to be moving in that direction as well. Notable holdouts include Square and Konami - who are not coincidentally working on massive PS3 exclusive projects! I wonder if and when we will see them change their tune (especially Konami, who's pretty much making all the wrong moves in this generation).

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Sullla said:
Troll_Monster said:
awww, this game could have been so scary visually if it had of been done on the PS3/360.
Ghosts + 720p = scary awesome.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll be ok, the PS2 versions were pretty decent for there time.

Troll Monster wins "backhanded compliment of the thread" award.

More seriously though, it's a fairly big announcement for the Wii. While the game doesn't appeal to me, obviously Fatal Frame is a relatively well-known series, if not top-tier. Interesting and entirely expected that the Japanese developers are leading the slow movement towards the Wii, given the situation over there. American developers can lean on the 360 for support, so they mostly haven't seen much of a need to move projects to Nintendo.

Capcom and Sega were the first substantial Japanese developers to support Wii. Tecmo is now on board, and Namco-Bandai seems to be moving in that direction as well. Notable holdouts include Square and Konami - who are not coincidentally working on massive PS3 exclusive projects! I wonder if and when we will see them change their tune (especially Konami, who's pretty much making all the wrong moves in this generation).

I agree with you about Konami, but I think we've already started to see SE start to change their tune.  It wasn't that long ago that they announced that Wii, PS3, and DS would be their main dev platforms

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Those screens look awesome! I will atleast play this bad boy!

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Wow, it looks great. Definitely my most anticipated Survival Horror this gen. Especially given the awful dev they put in charge of Silent Hill V. Resident Evil 5 will probably suck too without Shinji Mikami and its original dev teams. So yeah, looks great, and I can't wait for it.

Around the Network

Why is everyone so dismissive about the graphics not being in-game? The Wii could easily do those graphics in-game. Let's just wait for the trailers.

This game sounds really good. I will definitely give it a shot as long as the ratings don't plummet.

they are dismissive because IGN stated they are from a CG video. Pretty dismissive of the in game theory.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'm 90% certain they are CG, just look at the detailed chain around her neck.

And i don't get it why it is such a bad thing? I'm a sucker for pwetty CG cutscenes :P

The_vagabond7 said:
they are dismissive because IGN stated they are from a CG video. Pretty dismissive of the in game theory.

oh. Guess I missed that. meh, still think the Wii is capable of that so, we'll just have to wait and see.

alpha_dk said:

I agree with you about Konami, but I think we've already started to see SE start to change their tune.  It wasn't that long ago that they announced that Wii, PS3, and DS would be their main dev platforms

That's a very fair point. I'm just waiting to see if Square's actual development efforts catch up to their rhetoric. Spinoff versions of Dragon Quest (Swords) and Final Fantasty (Crystal Chronicles) aren't exactly embracing the Wii, more like "covering our bases." Some kind of new IP or major series - not necessarily the main Final Fantasy series, of course - would mark a much more serious commitment.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)