By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Ghosts ~ New Story, Setting, Cast & Next-Gen Engine Says Retailer

You seem like a pretty mature guy but just don't got your facts straight . The last COD game I played was MW3 and I've been playing Call of Duty 1 came out. I tried going back to playing WW, MW2, BO, MW3 a month ago but I couldn't stand any of them. Call of Duty 1-3 I found really fun and 4 was just something new, brilliant and entertaining for me. As someone who was in love with Halo 3 it was hard for me to admit...but I enjoyed COD 4 much more. Although World at War was a slight dissapoint for me considering how unbalanced the MP was. MW2  almost felt like the EXACT SAME GAME as COD 4 so that really pissed me off but still I found myself playing it for a while only because my friends pressured me too. I can't express my feelings about MW3 or Black Ops because I and very many of my friends were almost outraged on how bad it was. Although I agree with you I'm a part of a very small vocal minority of the people who don't BUY a new COD game every year...but enjoying COD games...I think that's a different story.

Around the Network

Been looking forward to a new round of COD hype and the "I haven't liked this franchise since CoD4, will buy day 1" hype. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:

Been looking forward to a new round of COD hype and the "I haven't liked this franchise since CoD4, will buy day 1" hype. 

Same here...but the last 5 games in this series all dissapointed me.

dsage01 said:
Attoyou said:

Day 1 then? lol

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
dsage01 said:
Attoyou said:

Day 1 then? lol

LOL I probably won't take the new COD game even  if I get it for free.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
dsage01 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
God I want this franchise to die out

Couldn't agree with you more.

i dont. i want the game to be a quality product again

This is what I want too - I thought that COD 1-4 were very high quality. If Infinity Ward made another game like those 4, then I'd be happy to pick it up. Unfortunately I don't see that happening  - ever

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

echoesfromthepast said:
bananaking21 said:
dsage01 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

This is what I want too - I thought that COD 1-4 were very high quality. If Infinity Ward made another game like those 4, then I'd be happy to pick it up. Unfortunately I don't see that happening  - ever

Those 4?

So Call of Duty 3 was better than the original Black Ops? Seems legit.

And we all know Infinity Ward is the only company to make games in the CoD series.

dobby985 said:
echoesfromthepast said:
bananaking21 said:
dsage01 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Those 4?

And we all know Infinity Ward is the only company to make games in the CoD series.

Seems legit to me! And Infinity Ward is the only company to have made quality CoD games in the past

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.

echoesfromthepast said:
dobby985 said:
echoesfromthepast said:
bananaking21 said:
dsage01 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Those 4?

Seems legit to me! And Infinity Ward is the only company to have made quality CoD games in the past

Infinity Ward didn't make CoD 3. But you said "those 4".

Explain what features you liked from Classic CoD games that are missing the modern games.

dobby985 said:
echoesfromthepast said:
dobby985 said:
echoesfromthepast said:
bananaking21 said:
dsage01 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Those 4?

Infinity Ward didn't make CoD 3. But you said "those 4".

Explain what features you liked from Classic CoD games that are missing the modern games.

Right, right, right - that was my mistake in the way I worded it

In a nutshell: Classic CoD games had authentic gameplay, immersive experience, and interesting varied mission types. But most importantly (for me at least): the level of research that went into classic CoD games was extremely high. Infinity Ward used to know that realism depends on more than just graphics. They actually hired military historians as consultants and interviewed WWII vets about their experiences for the first few if I remember correctly. This made the games feel authenic. This high level of research carried on in CoD 4:MW and it shows. But it was all downhill from there and now the games have devolved into annual, mediocre, Michael Bay-esque multiplayer games - because Activision knows that sells.

Keep in mind this is all my opinion though - I value the level of dedicated research and realism the first 4 had (I played CoD up to CoD:BO and then stopped).