By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Says Wii Owners Can 'Graduate' to Xbox 360

MS is completely lost man. They dont know what the hell they want to do.

First they were like "First to 10 million sold wins"
Then it was "At least we are outselling PS3"

And now even the PS3 is gaining on them. And suddenly here they are HOPING they can be the Wii's sidekick.

Embarrassing man.

Around the Network

Yeah it doesn't take much for MS to lose their cool, Nintendo is the only company that has shown it can survive under pressure, and trust me, with the Gamecube they were under alot of pressure last gen.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Yeah, 360 essentially is PC Gaming for Dummies.

So, you're calling me a dummy for not being a PC gamer and loving my 360? 

Instead of pretending to be gamer, maybe you should do what you do best -- look at hentai and sign those RE5 petitions. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Kasz216 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Considering when ever I pass a kiosk for the 360 its a 12-14 year old playing it and when ever I pass a Wii kiosk its a 20 something dude, I think graduating goes the otherway.

Whenever i pass a kiosk the PS3 is broken. What the hell is with that? Every Gamestop, Best Buy and Toys R US's PS3 is broken.

I've never seen a broken wii... and only rarely see a broken 360.

I can only think of three time the PS3 wokred and one of those times the remote was broken. Did the Demo PS3's cut corners or something?

In otherwords though, i wouldn't trust Kiosks for an accurate representation, as i've seen 10 PS3 Kiosks and they've all broken and not been fixed.

In fairness, customers beat thehell out of those machines. We have gone through 2 ps3 controlers and the second does nt work. Our 360 controller is also messed up badly. We do not have a Wii on display, because the way the department is set up we don't have a way to guard it well enough. We do have a Ds, and we are on our second one. We even had some jackass get ticked at our rockband demo and break it. We did not bother replacing it at all, because it is far too exspensive to keep doing that. 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

valen200 said:
Kasz216 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Considering when ever I pass a kiosk for the 360 its a 12-14 year old playing it and when ever I pass a Wii kiosk its a 20 something dude, I think graduating goes the otherway.

Whenever i pass a kiosk the PS3 is broken. What the hell is with that? Every Gamestop, Best Buy and Toys R US's PS3 is broken.

I've never seen a broken wii... and only rarely see a broken 360.

I can only think of three time the PS3 wokred and one of those times the remote was broken. Did the Demo PS3's cut corners or something?

In otherwords though, i wouldn't trust Kiosks for an accurate representation, as i've seen 10 PS3 Kiosks and they've all broken and not been fixed.

In fairness, customers beat thehell out of those machines. We have gone through 2 ps3 controlers and the second does nt work. Our 360 controller is also messed up badly. We do not have a Wii on display, because the way the department is set up we don't have a way to guard it well enough. We do have a Ds, and we are on our second one. We even had some jackass get ticked at our rockband demo and break it. We did not bother replacing it at all, because it is far too exspensive to keep doing that.

Yeah.  I just can't figure why the PS3 demo stations are broken when the 360 ones work though.  I'd understand if they were all broken... but it's always only the PS3 one.

Around the Network

Kasz, I had the same experience, every PS3 kiosk I saw for months after its release was broken, I'm talking 7 or 8 different kiosks in 7 or 8 stores, all broken. More recently, though, I've seen all of them working, so whatever the problem was, they must have fixed it. I have a feeling it was due to poor air circulation inside the cabinet.

This thread=phail

This thread went from a dumb comment by a MS executive, to hating on PS3, 360 and PC. I wonder how that happened...

Entroper said:
Kasz, I had the same experience, every PS3 kiosk I saw for months after its release was broken, I'm talking 7 or 8 different kiosks in 7 or 8 stores, all broken. More recently, though, I've seen all of them working, so whatever the problem was, they must have fixed it. I have a feeling it was due to poor air circulation inside the cabinet.

Ah.  Hopefully they've fixed the problem by me too.  It's pretty much all the PS3 playtime i get until I get one, since I only have one friend who has one... and he hardly plays any games for it aside from NBA 2K8 perfering to play Wii games. (and 360, but his roommate sold his 360... for a 40 gig PS3.  Worst roommate move ever.  I mean, why not just but PS3 games and play them on his PS3, like he was doing for 360?)

I have a Wii60......what does that mean?

Kasz216 said:
Entroper said:

Ah. Hopefully they've fixed the problem by me too. It's pretty much all the PS3 playtime i get until I get one, since I only have one friend who has one... and he hardly plays any games for it aside from NBA 2K8 perfering to play Wii games. (and 360, but his roommate sold his 360... for a 40 gig PS3. Worst roommate move ever. I mean, why not just but PS3 games and play them on his PS3, like he was doing for 360?)

The kioks are poorly designed. The PS3 does a great job of excising the heat generated by the chipset from the console. The problem is that most of the kiosks has the PS3 encased in a plexiglass case with poor ventilation. So the heat removed by the system's fans accumulates in the plexiglass kiosk which slowly fries the system.