By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Says Wii Owners Can 'Graduate' to Xbox 360

Jeff Bell, VP of global Xbox marketing: "We're positioning ourselves to be ready if, in fact, gamers find they're ready to graduate from a certain experience potentially with the Wii, either because it's limited on the type of gameplay that's available or the technology in that box"

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,141996-c,gameconsoles/article.html

Although I agree there is little overlap between Wii and other consoles with regard to features and software library, and most performance demanding games are better played on more powerful systems, I wouldn't have used the word "graduate" in this regard. 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

they've implied something very similar one year ago, so it's not surprising.  no sources though, unfortunately.  maybe somebody can dig it up...

the Wii is an epidemic.

I think it is fairly logical to assume that some of the casuals and new gamers that the Wii is bringing in may decide that they have a little more money to spare for their new pastime. As it has the best games and cheapest price of the HD consoles, not to mention impressive multimedia functions, the Xbox 360 is indeed an appropriate console to "graduate" to for these people.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Microsoft is so jealous of Nintendo...its not even funny.

Even microsoft employee's would rather work for Nintendo.(true story)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

why thank you microsoft. very sweet of you. now if i could get the 360 for free, i might even by a game or two...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Didn't Microsoft and Sony both say their console would be the first choice console and the Wii the second choice.

Problem for them is if everyone that owns either a PS3 or Xbox360 then buys a Wii they both can't help but lose to the Wii.

Well, i think that this MS guy is fooling himself a bit. If the casual owners of the Wii never considered buying a console to begin with (typically parents, grandparents) one must think that their children at one point showed them a ps2, PS3, xbox, xbox360, and they disliked the encounter. Too many buttons i say. But the Wii? It's a different story.

The only time when a casual gamer will consider buying a core gaming console is when the casual gamer himslef turns into a core gamer. I seriously doubt that casuals actually look for such things as uber amazing graphics.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Or you could jump to PC... why stopping at the less powerful system?

llewdebkram said:
Didn't Microsoft and Sony both say their console would be the first choice console and the Wii the second choice.

Problem for them is if everyone that owns either a PS3 or Xbox360 then buys a Wii they both can't help but lose to the Wii.

I don't think so, Sony back in 2006 predicted the PS2 would outsell the other home consoles for christmas 2006 and it did.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

no thanks i don't want the RROD machine i will stick with my wii thank you.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99