By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii's Magic Number -

By the end of March the Wii will be sitting aprox 4.8 million consoles below the magic 50%. That is if the PS3 and 360 can continue to sell as well as they did last week. If their numbers drop, the Wii will gain more ground. If Nintendo ships 24.5 million consoles by the end of March then I'll be off by about 500k. I set my assumptions based on Nintendo shipping 24 million consoles by March 31st.

I'm still sticking with my end of August 08 prediction. Anyone still think I'm crazy? I know John Lucas will think I'm crazy for predicting it to happen later then his estimates ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I think you are within the limits of my numbers DarkNight...
Remember my estimations put the Wii at 2.1 million OVER the Magic Number on October 31st. So Late August, is within reason(possible without nintendo doing something crazy like raising production to 3 mil a month)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I don't see it happening before November myself, My EOY predictions put Wii 2 million above the combined PS360, but considering those last 2 months sales I think the 2 million will come all from Nov+Dec (8 mil Wii and 6 mil PS360)

So my prediction has Wii getting 50% about 1st week of Nov,... perhaps I should have looked at that before saying December.

JL probably predicts May or June to be the magic number month

Damn my maths is terrible, my EOY numbers are actually 42 million for PS360... so I am guessing 4 million more Wiis by then!

50% should definately be before November then, probably mid-late September when the Wii reaches 50%

hmm...

This will be very interesting to watch... I'll be checking back on this.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Maybe you could keep all the earlier magic numbers at the bottom, so we can see how it goes...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^ I am going to keep all of the old ones. I stated that in a later post.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Keep this thread alive bigjon, at all costs :p

Gonna visit this thread couple times per month.

...and i want that cake (maybe i should have cake like that for my b-day :p )

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Summaro400ex said:

When the magic number hits 0 we will have to celebrate with cake!

That cake looks sooo good to me!  I want it now!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

You should edit the first post with the new "Magic Number" so it is easy to find and we don't have to scan dozens, or hundreds of posts. Also keep a history of the magic numbers with dates for them as well.