By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen Reviews: 81 Meta Currently

Are you getting Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen?

Yes 44 61.11%

Maybe 14 19.44%

No 14 19.44%

Total:72

Is this game really that good? How does it compare to say Dark Souls?

Around the Network
DraconianAC said:

I know that this game may not be for everyone, so these comments may not apply to many of you. I like to b!tch, and I'm quite stingy with my money when I'm buying stuff for myself; however, I will gladly pay for good content, good service, good products, etc., I'm talking about quality or something that just appeals to me.

I bought the original at $60 dollars, & I bought many of their DLCs for Dragon's Dogma, and I'll gladly buy more if they can keep improving it. Why? because a company finally made something that resonated with me, I'll gladly buy more hair styles pack for $3, or more voice pack for $5 if the content is worth it, and so far it has been. Hell I would pay $10 dollars for a better voice pack (with quality voice actors and not just voices with different vocal pitch).

The thing is that many of you probably already do this with some other company, and whatever fault that company has you may over look it as long as they provide you with what you want. This is the case for me. I don't care if Capcom charges me a reasonable price for improvements on my favorite game. If you don't see it this way, then the game never really struck a cord with you, and I can understand that. What I don't understand is b!tching for the case of b!tching, and I won't b!tch at a company that has provided me with 500+ hours of enjoyment.

I'm actually like you. Also with a Capcom game: Dead Rising. I've bought whatever they've been trowing at me no matter how shitty it was (Except those horrible costumes for Chuck, for Christ's Sake. No way I'm paying 4$ for an "especial" costume that grants you one useless skill). But Capcom deserves the bitching, sometimes. They keep screwing their glorious games.

Nem said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wont buy, because the extra content should have been $20 DLC. I wont buy the game again.

It is the same $hit as SSFIV or UMvsC3.

No, its not. Its not beeing sold at full price.

And its funny that you say that, cause 20 euros is what it costs here.

$ = DOLLARS

SSIV and UMvsC3 were sold for $40 and not $60 like their original versions.    Dark Arisen is also sold for $40.  But the extra content is only worth $20.

Heavenly_King said:
Nem said:
Heavenly_King said:
Wont buy, because the extra content should have been $20 DLC. I wont buy the game again.

$ = DOLLARS

SSIV and UMvsC3 were sold for $40 and not $60 like their original versions.    Dark Arisen is also sold for $40.  But the extra content is only worth $20.

That's being thieves there ._. 20 euros translate into...26 -27$?

Heavenly_King said:
Nem said:
Heavenly_King said:

$ = DOLLARS

Have you played Dark Arisen already? Have you finished it? What makes you think that $20 is the value of the new content + the improvements?

New Content

• A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
  • More skills/equipment/augments:

• Level 3 Skills DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
    • Over 100 pieces of new equipment
    • All new high level weapons and armour sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
    • 14 new character/Pawn augments
    • New tiers of equipment enhancement
  • Increased character customization options
  • Item appraisal
  • Option to select Japanese voice over

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.[...] Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.

I find it a hard to believe you to be a fair judge with respects to the value of the content provided in this expansion. I won't even know how much it's really worth until I finish it.

P.S. I took all that info from dragon's age wiki page (link): http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

Around the Network
DraconianAC said:
Heavenly_King said:
Nem said:
Heavenly_King said:

$ = DOLLARS

Have you played Dark Arisen already? Have you finished it? What makes you think that $20 is the value of the new content + the improvements?

New Content

• A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
  • More skills/equipment/augments:

• Level 3 Skills DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
    • Over 100 pieces of new equipment
    • All new high level weapons and armour sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
    • 14 new character/Pawn augments
    • New tiers of equipment enhancement
  • Increased character customization options
  • Item appraisal
  • Option to select Japanese voice over

Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.[...] Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.

I find it a hard to believe you to be a fair judge with respects to the value of the content provided in this expansion. I won't even know how much it's really worth until I finish it.

P.S. I took all that info from dragon's age wiki page (link): http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

All of what you have mentioned, for me, is not worth more than $20.   And that is why I am not buying it at $40.   By the time the game hits $20, IF I find it appealing and have nothing more to play, I will buy it.

Heavenly_King said:

All of what you have mentioned, for me, is not worth more than $20.   And that is why I am not buying it at $40.   By the time the game hits $20, IF I find it appealing and have nothing more to play, I will buy it.

To each its own.

Heavenly_King said:
Nem said:
Heavenly_King said:

$ = DOLLARS

The euro is worth more than the dollar, but not double. In dollars it would be 30 at best. Its still an awesome deal, theres nothing to complain about. Just see the reactions of other people on this thread.

For the record, they made quality of life changes that are retroactive to the whole game. People like to hate, but i really like this kind of cheaper with more content expansions/re-releases. Old time fans can get extra content and sell their used copy of the original. Newcomers can get everything for a reduced price. Everyone wins. I dont get the hating.

If you are an owner of the original just sell it and it will net you the price to around 30.

Nem said:
Its an expansion with the original game attached for half the price. There is nothing not to love with this offer.

You get the original game with this?

I can still get £10 or so for exachange of the original game, so this will be all of a £10 as it's retailing at £20 in the UK. Sounds good to me.

Hmm, pie.

Got $11.50 back for the original game (In addition to a couple other games), so buying this didn't sting as much as some of CAPCOM's other ripoff game rehashes. Plus, I just love the game.

I am the Playstation Avenger.