By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Study: 32.8 Million Android Phones Infected with Malware

superchunk said:

That's ingored in these reports. But people getting apps outside of Google's Play store is not.

That's ironic... iOS is a closed OS so you have to use the App Store but Andorid is a open OS that you can do anything you want like to install any app outside the Google Play.

At least is what the Android fans spread out there... if you force the use of Google's Play then you are killing the advantages that the fans always talk about.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

superchunk said:

That's ingored in these reports. But people getting apps outside of Google's Play store is not.

That's ironic... iOS is a closed OS so you have to use the App Store but Andorid is a open OS that you can do anything you want like to install any app outside the Google Play.

At least is what the Android fans spread out there... if you force the use of Google's Play then you are killing the advantages that the fans always talk about.

I was referring to markets that are not buy a legit source.

ethomaz said:

superchunk said:

Ironic indeed :)
I'm not surprised at all by that, Android is the perfect platform for malware.

I've used Android phones for a few years and have never had a problem.

If you manage to get a virus on your phone you are either a) an idiot, or b) a moron.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

As of 2012, there are more than 500 million activated Android phones.
33/500 = 0.066 = ~7%

That's a 7% infection rate. By comparison, 20% of Macs have malware. I don't think I need to mention how many Windows PCs are infected by malware.

Yes, Android has more malware than other mobile platforms. However, it is still an incredibly tiny population of Android users, users that likely got the malware by using non Play Store apps.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network
theshonen8899 said:

That's a 7% infection rate. By comparison, 20% of Macs have malware. I don't think I need to mention how many Windows PCs are infected by malware.

Yes, Android has more malware than other mobile platforms. However, it is still an incredibly tiny population of Android users, users that likely got the malware by using non Play Store apps.

20% of Macs have WINDOWS malware, which cannot run on the platform. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Spyware? Are they sure it wasn't just Google?

*ba dum TISH*