By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

enditall727 said:
MentalAlliance said:
KHlover said:
MentalAlliance said:

In a simple attempt to put this thread more on track, let's all guess the release date and forget/ignore the pointless graphics discussion going on.

I'm presonally not prepared to make a release date prediction because I came up with this just to help save this thread, but I'll take a stab at it anyway: If the rumours are true and the the game was being ported to PS4 starting some time 2 years ago, then it might be closer to completion than some might be thinking, but one must wonder how far along in development it was before it was starting to be ported to PS4, which could mean there was still substantial work to be done. Even if that's the case, two years is a fair bit of time to get work done. In any case I don't think it will release any earlier than 2014. I'm going to go with October 21, 2014.

Any other guesses?

I hope for a release 2013, I want to be able to play Kingdom Hearts III before 2016...that is just wishful thinking, though. Some time in 2014 seems to be realistic...

I'm also wanting a 2013 release, but yeah, 2014 is just more realistic.

I dont think it will be released before ff14 and ff13 3. Also they usually dont release 2 ff's in the same year. Knowing square, FF13-4 will need to be annonced and released before versus 

Dear god, NO.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

XIII-3's trailer showed a clearly rushed product and I hope they don't talk about it until they make something impressive.

Going back to Versus, any sales predictions ? I see a 5 million minimum.

That sounds about right for sales, I'm thinking 5-6 million.

zero129 said:
enditall727 said:
zero129 said:
enditall727 said:

XD

Ive ran out of popcorn..

well im pretty sure That im more in the "know" than anybody else in this thread. Final Fantasy is my territory and im shocked at how many of you dont know the whole story behind FF13.

Ethomaz was on the right track before the "graphics" thing came into play..

Im pretty sure you dont since i have been playing FF since the Snes days and have played every FF game except for the Online ones. But id love you to show us how he was on the right track and that content was removed cos of the 360 and not a developement decision .

Ive played them all also and they are my favorite games in gaming. The FF franchise is pretty much the reason why i still even play  to this day. I believe you said that FF13 took long because of the ps3 being hard to develop for or something like that earlier and it wasnt the case

its not really the 360 but squares fault at.the end of the day because they are the individuals who decided these things with this game. Im om mobile and my phone will crash again if i make this too long under a quote so i will put it in my next post

I was using an illogical argument that couldnt be proved or disproved against another illogical argument that the game had content cut cos of the 360 when the is bigger and better looking games then FF13 on the 360 with nothing cut .

But lets take a look at other PS3 games that took ages to make The last Guadian still nothing shown, FFvS13 still nothing shown, FF13 would of also still most likely of been in development at least up until the release of FFXIII-2 or maybe even until this year if they where to include everything from XII-2-3 .

Now true the PS3 is now much easier to develope for but im pretty sure that wasnt the case when SE started working on FF13 as the was a number of devs who was complaining about working on the PS3 with how complex it was at the time .

you remember when square released StarOcean 4 on 360 and claimed that the ps3 version couldnt be released because of reasons not possible to talk about? ;) you remember how it released EXACTLY and not a day over a year later with extra content? ;) you rememver how they reasured PlayStation fans that ff13 was going smoothly and had no problems because it was being made exclusively on the new white engine for ps3? ;)

sales2099 said:
Given how the series pretty much plummeted in quality this gen......people still care?

Or is this just about PS fans caring because its another exclusive to add to their lists?

People cling to the hope that one day Final Fantasy will return to the standards set in previous gens. 

I'm certainly one of them... come onnnn Nomura!  Don't let me down after all this time!

It's all about the game.

forevercloud3000 said:
Glad to hear they are staying exclusive(supposedly anyway).I personally only own about 3 Multiplat games at anytime, they mostly disappoint me. There is something about exclusives that make them overall better games in my opinion. I feel this way for every console. I will be so glad if this MP push just dies this coming generation(which it will if one console claims total dominance again).

And side note, what the hell is going on with XIII-3? Square has actually been really silent about how this game is going. Isn't it suppose to be a holiday 13 release? Not to say I am excited for it or anything. If XIII-2 did anything good for SE's name it was that it made me appreciate XIII more, the sequel was horrible in my opinion beyond recognition. XIII wasn't all terrible.

FF Versus was always my most wanted, even before SE's started to crumble. I am a huge Tetsuya Nomura fan and have come to love everything he does.

XIII-3's trailer showed a clearly rushed product and I hope they don't talk about it until they make something impressive.

Going back to Versus, any sales predictions ? I see a 5 million minimum.

Seeing as it is cross gen, and FF is a megaton series if its a good one. The first FF of a generation also always sells the best, spin offs no more than half of original. Even if it is cross gen, and technically a game that should have come out 4 years ago, it will be fresh and new to the public as FFXV and alongside a new console release. Combined sales between those who already know and love the series and those looking for the Biggest attention grabbers for their new shiny PS4.......

7-8million. Remember, Versus was basically what the main concensus always wanted in a FF game. Darker Story, more action based combat, Open World Map(not large arenas), the return of the Mini Game, etc. I think it will appeal to far more people if it is close to this structure. 

Seriously, the only characters that get anywhere near as much play in adoration(like Avatars and fan art) is Link,Sora,Mario, Cloud. And just think......Noctis's game isn't even out yet lol.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

Remember, Versus was basically what the main concensus always wanted in a FF game.

I remember very clearly that the Versus announcement was received as a Crisis Core-esque spin off for the PS3.

pezus said:
I thought most people were displeased with SE delaying the PS3 version in the west so they could finish the 360 version, just like Nintendo fans are displeased now with Ubisoft because of Rayman

The delay didn't hurt me because I just brought my PS3 in early 2010 but the cut content and the downgraded graphics makes me not buy this game.

enditall727 said:

you remember when square released StarOcean 4 on 360 and claimed that the ps3 version couldnt be released because of reasons not possible to talk about? ;) you remember how it released EXACTLY and not a day over a year later with extra content? ;) you rememver how they reasured PlayStation fans that ff13 was going smoothly and had no problems because it was being made exclusively on the new white engine for ps3? ;)

Square Enix has bold face lied to their fans for the past 6 years now. I think it is just Game Politically incorrect to say anything other than "all consoles are even, spread the love", but I am sorry to break it to some of you ,360 dev did quite a lot of damage to the game. Not all of XIII's issues can be blamed on 360, but a 12 month delay on a game that already was taking too long, the idea to cut content, etc surely can. I am not going to search the bowels of the internet for the evidence needed to "prove" this to some of you but I assure you it is there. A dev from SE, shortly after the betrayalton at E3 stated they had cut a massive amount of content to streamline and make the porting easier to 360. Images of areas meant for XIII came out years prior to XIII-2's release and they ARE landscapes used in XIII-2, something SE actively denied to have done. Wada swore that development of XIII had not started on 360 till several days after E3, but there surfaced info about how MS and SE had been in bed together for way before that. There even had been an interview with devs at SE that said the company had did focus testing years prior(when they first thought about 360 port most likely) that told them that fans would hate the linear nature of the game, yet they opted to do it anyway because they thought with all the cut content they could expand the series into multiple titles(aka Xiii-2,Xiii-3).

Most of this info will be virtually impossible to find now tho, because it was several years ago, and SE has done a great job of retracting all those bad statements(which demands that websites take them down or be sued for slander).  I also quite loved the articles about how literally the entire company was disgusted with that decision and knew how much it would offend the fanbase, many were threatening to quit.

This is also why Wada stepping down has been the best thing to come from Square since FFVII. He was surely going to run that company into the ground in some effort to pad his pockets even more.

Greatness Awaits

zero129 said:
enditall727 said:
zero129 said:
enditall727 said:
zero129 said:
enditall727 said:

XD

Ive ran out of popcorn..

well im pretty sure That im more in the "know" than anybody else in this thread. Final Fantasy is my territory and im shocked at how many of you dont know the whole story behind FF13.

Ethomaz was on the right track before the "graphics" thing came into play..

Im pretty sure you dont since i have been playing FF since the Snes days and have played every FF game except for the Online ones. But id love you to show us how he was on the right track and that content was removed cos of the 360 and not a developement decision .

Ive played them all also and they are my favorite games in gaming. The FF franchise is pretty much the reason why i still even play  to this day. I believe you said that FF13 took long because of the ps3 being hard to develop for or something like that earlier and it wasnt the case

its not really the 360 but squares fault at.the end of the day because they are the individuals who decided these things with this game. Im om mobile and my phone will crash again if i make this too long under a quote so i will put it in my next post

I was using an illogical argument that couldnt be proved or disproved against another illogical argument that the game had content cut cos of the 360 when the is bigger and better looking games then FF13 on the 360 with nothing cut .

But lets take a look at other PS3 games that took ages to make The last Guadian still nothing shown, FFvS13 still nothing shown, FF13 would of also still most likely of been in development at least up until the release of FFXIII-2 or maybe even until this year if they where to include everything from XII-2-3 .

Now true the PS3 is now much easier to develope for but im pretty sure that wasnt the case when SE started working on FF13 as the was a number of devs who was complaining about working on the PS3 with how complex it was at the time .

I dont know maybe im missing the point but i still dont get what your getting at?

that ff13 wasnt hampered in anyway, shape or form due to ps3

you remember how ff13 was being fully developed for ps3? You remember when they announced that ff13 would be coming to 360? You remember how they made it specifically known that it would be and look just as good as the ps3 version? You remember how they said that the reason they were bringing it to 360 was because they wanted to broaden their audience?

;)

forevercloud3000 said:

Remember, Versus was basically what the main concensus always wanted in a FF game.

I remember very clearly that the Versus announcement was received as a Crisis Core-esque spin off for the PS3.

only casual FF fans thought it was a spin off, because SE stated from jump it wasn't and that it was literally just as important and on par in the series as XIII was. There was just some mild ignorance about it in the West mostly. It was designed to be an alternate future for where the series as a whole could go.

Several times over, Versus was voted #1 or in top 10 of most anticipated in Japan. Frequently above FFXIII, except for when XIII was about to release.

Greatness Awaits