By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - prediction How long before wiiu becomes 99$

The problem is that people are comparing everything to last gen. Inhave accepted that the 3ds wont sell as much as the ds but i dont care, the library of games is fantastic and will only get better by the end of this year. Same with the wii u, its not going to sell 100m but who cares? I would be pretty certain that even though the nextbox and ps4 will both be excellent consoles, that both will sell less than they have this gen. The gaming market has decreased compared to five years ago.

Around the Network

Maybe end of 2017

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nintendo will have something up their sleeves this e3. Watch, project X, super smash bros, SMTxFE, Wind Waker HD, and tons of other games. The Wii U will be fine. Just because it wont have graphics as good as the ps4 or 720 wont mean its going to fail, otherwise by that logic the 3ds should be losing to the Vita. It is all about games. 3ds has games. Wii U will eventually have games, and it wouldn't surprise me if most Japanese developers move to the Wii U next gen due to the type of games the Wii U seems to be getting so far.

ninjablade said:

Looking at sales  world wide, let's be realistic, there is no way this console will do  more then 25 million world wide, and third party's have already starting giving up,  so how long before 99$, i say mid 2014.

"PS3 isn't selling out of the gate, it's doomed" 

"3DS isn't selling out of the gate, it's doomed"

"Wii U isn't selling out of the gate, it's doomed."

Wii U should hit $99 sometime in 2018.

2018 or 2019

Around the Network
acdcste said:
Silly post. Remember people thought the 3ds sales were poor until the vita came out.

oh man we were so young back then 2 years ago 

After the Wii U 2 comes out.

So you think the Nintendo is going to cut $250 off the console's price within the next year? Lol ok.. You really need to settle down your excitement about Wii U's potential failure, take a step back, and try and use some logic.

Original Wii isn't even that cheap yet. Wii U will probably get it's first price cut for the holiday season this year, and it will only be $50. I'd say  around late 2016 it'll hit the $99 mark, assuming it continues on a similar sales trajectory.

Wait till E3 before assuming the system will stall at 25m

looool, is this a joke.

Nintendo will show of zelda, mario kart, 3d mario, metroid and smash bros and it will begin sell good numbers. This fall they'll drop the price to $249 for the premium model and it'll probably stay there for a a year or 2. I don't think we'll see a $99 Wii U until the console is more or less obsolete (2017?)

Also I think it will reach 40m at the end of its life.