By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOZ: Ocarina Of Time 2 on Wii U - Is it possible after LOZ : LttP 2 3DS?

Tagged games:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
JoeTheBro said:
KungKras said:
Yes please. As long as they don't put in some stupid gameplay gimmick like Link turning into a shadow and moving along walls.

Ya I agree. Turning into a moving painting on a wall would be much better.

Whoa, careful there. Turning into a shadow is awesome and allows for some pretty nice puzzles with light. See "Lost in Shadow" for example:

Problem is link isnt a shadow. 

every game uses a "gimmick" ( what an overused word) to be honest.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
JoeTheBro said:
KungKras said:
Yes please. As long as they don't put in some stupid gameplay gimmick like Link turning into a shadow and moving along walls.

Whoa, careful there. Turning into a shadow is awesome and allows for some pretty nice puzzles with light. See "Lost in Shadow" for example:

I never said he was...

A Link to the Past -> A Link to the Past 2
Ocarina of Time -> Twilight Princess
Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

KHlover said:
We already have "Ocarina of Time 2", it is called "Majora's Mask"...

I was about to say this lol, seriously it's called Majora's Mask guys!

I mean even besides Majora's Mask, isn't the major hate for Twilight Princess that is that outside of the wolf form and Midna it reuses a bunch of stuff from OoT.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
KHlover said:
JoeTheBro said:
KungKras said:

every game uses a "gimmick" ( what an overused word) to be honest.

You know what I think Nintendo is afraid of? A new generation of characters that wont catch on, so they put skins of their characters on it and call it a day.

I think I speak for most people in this thread when I say we don't care what the next Zelda is just as long as it looks like or looks better than the E3 HD Zelda. Am I right? Somebody quote me on this.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
I think I speak for most people in this thread when I say we don't care what the next Zelda is just as long as it looks like or looks better than the E3 HD Zelda. Am I right? Somebody quote me on this.

So are you saying if Nintendo threw a curve ball again and gave us another cel-shaded masterpiece most people in this thread would start a fuss?

Ocarina of Time 2 is the last thing Zelda needs--the 3D games have largely followed the structures Ocarina set, with only a couple of games (Majora's Mask most notably, Skyward Sword inverting and making the dungeon structure more flexible) have moved away from what Ocarina did. As much as I love Zelda, and as much as Ocarina is a towering masterpiece, 3D Zelda really needs to step out of Ocarina's shadow. It did to an extent with Skyward Sword, but Ocarina is the beginning of what I've called "Zelda as Heroic Myth".

We need more "Zelda as adventure", and the team are on the right track by looking to the original Legend of Zelda as their inspiration for the Wii U version. I'm dying to see minimalist story, an open world and non-linear dungeon structure, and tough combat far more than I want to see an improved version of "Collect 3 magical artifacts--plot changes course/speed--collect more magical artifacts--defeat villain". There's a very real chance that we'll see that structure in the 3DS Zelda, albeit with the top-down 2D gameplay.

It's dangerous to go alone--but that shouldn't stop Nintendo from finally making a clean break away from Ocarina. Zelda doesn't just have to follow traditions, it can be cutting edge and set new traditions.

Asriel said:
Ocarina of Time 2 is the last thing Zelda needs--the 3D games have largely followed the structures Ocarina set, with only a couple of games (Majora's Mask most notably, Skyward Sword inverting and making the dungeon structure more flexible) have moved away from what Ocarina did. As much as I love Zelda, and as much as Ocarina is a towering masterpiece, 3D Zelda really needs to step out of Ocarina's shadow. It did to an extent with Skyward Sword, but Ocarina is the beginning of what I've called "Zelda as Heroic Myth".

We need more "Zelda as adventure", and the team are on the right track by looking to the original Legend of Zelda as their inspiration for the Wii U version. I'm dying to see minimalist story, an open world and non-linear dungeon structure, and tough combat far more than I want to see an improved version of "Collect 3 magical artifacts--plot changes course/speed--collect more magical artifacts--defeat villain". There's a very real chance that we'll see that structure in the 3DS Zelda, albeit with the top-down 2D gameplay.

It's dangerous to go alone--but that shouldn't stop Nintendo from finally making a clean break away from Ocarina. Zelda doesn't just have to follow traditions, it can be cutting edge and set new traditions.

good points bro