By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All characters unlocked in SSE?

I know the roster has been confirmed to be either 34 or 35 characters, and I'm completely pleased with the selection. But I still want to know why Sakurai is quoted as saying MOST characters are unlocked through Subspace Emissary, and ALL the characters that have been unlocked so far have come from SSE. Why is this? There are still classic mode, all-star mode, etc. to play through, did Sakurai just change his mind and have them all unlockable in single player?

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Around the Network

I'm not quite convinced that all characters are uncovered yet. The spoilers have been coming for under 24 hours now, and only under 5 people have the game so far, so there's probably something they've missed.

Might also be a translation error, intentional misleading, or things simply got changed while the game was in development. Can't say for sure.

Yeah, I was reading on Smash boards and a pretty credible source (as was said there) said that 65 percent of characters are unlocked through SSE. Going by these numbers, there should be about 21 unlockables rather than the 14 we have. I'm not so sure there are 7 more characters that can be fleshed out, so idk.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

There's no way ROB is in as anything besides an enemy in the Subspace Army, heaven forbid him from being a playable character...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

dtekdahl00 said:
I know the roster has been confirmed to be either 34 or 35 characters, and I'm completely pleased with the selection. But I still want to know why Sakurai is quoted as saying MOST characters are unlocked through Subspace Emissary, and ALL the characters that have been unlocked so far have come from SSE. Why is this? There are still classic mode, all-star mode, etc. to play through, did Sakurai just change his mind and have them all unlockable in single player?
 I'm skeptical we've seen all the unlockables too, but from what we've seen it doesn't look like Jigglypuff or Toon Link are in SSE. Assuming the 35 list is correct, neither is Wolf.  Still that's only 2-3 characters, which seems like they'd be taking a lot of incentive away from completing stuff. 

Around the Network

^ he is in playable form 300% actually

And yes Sakurai said MOST, so I'm positive that there is more to be unlocked, just wait for more updates later.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@ Gamerace: No way it's correct then, I already KNOW Jigglypuff is in...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

I remember seeing that quote too... hm, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm sure there is more characters to unlock. I mean from Melee, a lot of the unlocks came from playing things outside the main mode, such as playing multiplayer forever in a day haha.

allaboutthegames885 said:
@ Gamerace: No way it's correct then, I already KNOW Jigglypuff is in...
 My point is they weren't unlocked via SSE, so the original statement was incorrect.