By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Today's hidden megaton: Earthbound is coming

i started playing it years ago but never finished
but i must say i was very pleased with it
ill be getting it for sure!!!

Around the Network

I wonder what the likelihood is of translations of Mother and Mother 3 being released in the West...

Have a nice day...

Mnementh said:
echoesfromthepast said:
This announcement was much more important than many people realize. Why did they decide to bring Earthbound to NA? Iwata said it was because of all the fan backlash on Miiverse. This means Miiverse is a proven method of getting what we want from Nintendo of Japan! THINK OF THE IMPLICATIONS!

Yes, that was something I noticed too. Someone in Nintendo watches Miiverse and reports to the higher ups interesting developments and fan reactions. That I conclude from the show of Miiverse-comments. That's positive, it means Miiverse is a working feedback-channel.

Exactly! This is definately something the fans in NA and PAL region need. I'm more excited the the feed-back implications of miiverse than earthbound being announced

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

outlawauron said:
superchunk said:
I never played Earthbound. Why all the excitement?

I was going to come in here and ask why this is a megaton, considering it's massive popularity and the ease of obtaining fully working ROMs. I guess there are still some who haven't played it. So sad.

Eh, while i may be more than a bit of a pirate for some forms of media (anime, namely) i like to pay for my games. Not above using emulators altogether, though, namely for games i've already bought but are no longer in working form (like pretty much all of my older Game Boy games and their dead lithium batteries)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'll happily give Nintendo my money once Earthbound hits the VC. And while Earthbound may not be megaton material perhaps the real megaton here is that Nintendo listened to the community and delivered. Miiverse might prove to be an excellent place for port-begging.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
outlawauron said:
superchunk said:

I was going to come in here and ask why this is a megaton, considering it's massive popularity and the ease of obtaining fully working ROMs. I guess there are still some who haven't played it. So sad.

Eh, while i may be more than a bit of a pirate for some forms of media (anime, namely) i like to pay for my games. Not above using emulators altogether, though, namely for games i've already bought but are no longer in working form (like pretty much all of my older Game Boy games and their dead lithium batteries)

I own a working copy of Earthbound, but I feel no desire to pull out and see if my SNES is working. Getting ROMs for old SNES games that are not readily available, I see no shame in that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kain_kusanagi said:
I wonder if this will devalue the SNES original as a collectable. Now that it can be purchased cheap on the virtual console only the most hardcore collectors will want the carts.

maybe just a little bit. FF7 is still expensive despite being on PSN for years.

outlawauron said:
Mr Khan said:
outlawauron said:
superchunk said:

I own a working copy of Earthbound, but I feel no desire to pull out and see if my SNES is working. Getting ROMs for old SNES games that are not readily available, I see no shame in that.

this, i would get it if it came to 3ds VC, but i of course im not plunking 300+ for a SNES game, but good for people who do have Wii U, ill stick to emulation

I never played Earthbound so this is a great oppurtunity to see what all the fuss is about. Pretty excited! Thank you Nintendo finally!

Doesn't take much to please Nintendo fans from what I see here

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.