By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rol and superchunk is NOT too pleased with the new 3DS Zelda *Formerly known as - I'm sure Rol alone will make Zelda: aLttP2 a success*

Tagged games:

How will Rol react to the new Zelda game for the 3DS?

He'll hate the 2.5D! 11 12.36%

He'll hate the use of 3D in a 2D Zelda! 10 11.24%

He won't even notice this news... 2 2.25%

He'll make a thread about it... 6 6.74%

He'll buy it, play it an... 4 4.49%

He'll buy over 9000 copies of it!! 6 6.74%

Why haven't anyone made ... 7 7.87%

Rol for president!! 8 8.99%

Rol who? 27 30.34%

What's a Zelda? 8 8.99%

Total:89
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Yay! He has answered people of VGC!!! This thread is now complete!!

/Thread

I just wanna adress one thing; I think they actually showed one boss fight... And I saw like 4-5 different enemies... And from what I can gather all we've seen is the overworld and one dungeon, that more closely resembles a tower, so I'm sure we'll get to see a lot more at e3

I don't remember all that much from the gameplay trailer, the most memorable part (and not in the good way) was Link moving into walls. It's hard to get an idea what the action/puzzle focus is going to be from about a minute of footage. And since a name doesn't always represent what we'll get, I'll remain cautious about getting excited.

Also, there are too many other 3DS games at the moment and in the near future to make me think about this Zelda game. The wait until more information gets released will be easy.

Damn, Rol... you're not easy to please, are you?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

He's got a point.

The wall feature could make dungeons too easy and utilizing the same overworld isn't a great idea. It should be revamped like Hyrule is in every Zelda game. IDK, I guess it will have to wait for E3 to see more.

I know I love Zelda and in particular LTTP, so I am now planning on getting kids all 3DSs (3 of them) just so I have access to this game.

superchunk said:
He's got a point.

The wall feature could make dungeons too easy and utilizing the same overworld isn't a great idea. It should be revamped like Hyrule is in every Zelda game. IDK, I guess it will have to wait for E3 to see more.

I know I love Zelda and in particular LTTP, so I am now planning on getting kids all 3DSs (3 of them) just so I have access to this game.

Yes he does, but walking across walls doesn't necessarily mean the puzzles will become easier. And I kinda like the idea of having the same map as LTTP; imagine if you can access new areas this time around, or walking around in the same village you did some 20 years ago... Could be pretty cool - but they have to mix new things with the old sites pretty well.

DanneSandin said:
Stefl1504 said:
DanneSandin said:
Stefl1504 said:

Ah, it is mostly like being a fan, only that you are allowed to hate on the competition and even more on your fanboyism-target. Don't know if rol is a fanboy or just Austrian, these two things are hard to distinguish sometimes... (I mean, Austrian tend to hate on everything and it's mom)

Yeaaaah... Rol DOES seem to be pretty hateful... Hating on the puzzles in Zelda, most of the Mario games, and he makes a lot of "XXX flopped, we need to talk about this"-threads that's just filled with a deep hatred for the game in question...

Man, being a fanboys sounds awesome :D but does that mean you have to love everything your company does?

Oh, god no, you are allowed to hate them for the slightest change they made to a thing which earlier allowed you to argue in favour of your fanboyism, and well, change in general, because the current product they offer is the best ever made. (and so will be the product they offer after whatever changes they made)

Oh man! That sounds wonderful! Beinf a fanboy sounds pretty neat ^^ It's just all that hating that seems a bit hard... Isn't is hard walking around being mad and angry with everything all the time?

Not if you have it in the genes ;P

superchunk said:

You are a good father.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
DanneSandin said:
Stefl1504 said:
DanneSandin said:
Stefl1504 said:

Ah, it is mostly like being a fan, only that you are allowed to hate on the competition and even more on your fanboyism-target. Don't know if rol is a fanboy or just Austrian, these two things are hard to distinguish sometimes... (I mean, Austrian tend to hate on everything and it's mom)

Yeaaaah... Rol DOES seem to be pretty hateful... Hating on the puzzles in Zelda, most of the Mario games, and he makes a lot of "XXX flopped, we need to talk about this"-threads that's just filled with a deep hatred for the game in question...

Man, being a fanboys sounds awesome :D but does that mean you have to love everything your company does?

Oh, god no, you are allowed to hate them for the slightest change they made to a thing which earlier allowed you to argue in favour of your fanboyism, and well, change in general, because the current product they offer is the best ever made. (and so will be the product they offer after whatever changes they made)

Oh man! That sounds wonderful! Beinf a fanboy sounds pretty neat ^^ It's just all that hating that seems a bit hard... Isn't is hard walking around being mad and angry with everything all the time?

Not if you have it in the genes ;P

Damnit... I don't =(

He'll probably never get to play it, anyway. Games take ages to release in Australia.

DanneSandin said:

Haven't we gone over this? Rol is easy to please as long as you tempt him with 2D Mario. It's that simple, really.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Haven't we gone over this? Rol is easy to please as long as you tempt him with 2D Mario. It's that simple, really.

But I remember him dishing out some harsh words over 2D Mario as well?? Rol, what's your opinion on the NSMB-series?

DanneSandin said:

But I remember him dishing out some harsh words over 2D Mario as well?? Rol, what's your opinion on the NSMB-series?

You can love something and hate something at the same time. It might seem complicated, but it's not. Not one bit.