By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 guarantee million sellers by the end of 08

And I mentioned this in the Wii thread, but that Star Wars game will likely be a million-seller for everysystem it's released on.

Around the Network

the starwar game is too early for me to tell (at least), if it turns out to be a decent game, Then yes, but if it gets 7.0 across the review board, then I'm not so sure.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I have no idea about the golf game.

Devil May Cry 4 is possible, but pretty unlikely. The last two parts fell short of 2M on the PS2, and now it's one two platforms with a much smaller install base combined.

Little Big Planet is probably not going to reach a million. I'd love it to do well, but it's got all the signs of an underappreciated cult classic.

Everything else in OP looks like a guaranteed million seller to me.

darthdevidem01 said:
@kingofwale

I think Motorstorm 2 is a GDC announcement with a Fall release...

it was already announced.. release date of sometime 2008 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Killzone sold very well in EU, and KZ2 will sell very well there.

If the online stuff works and is advertised well, LBP is a shoe in for a million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

don't forget winning eleven and fifa and likely madden. If rockband ends up a being consistent on the charts all year long i think it can

Almost forgot, if Tekken 6 gets released in 08, it will sell a million without a doubt.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Games release in 08

*R:FOM 2 - Not coming out in 08

*LittleBigPlanet - Yes (Sony will market this game like they've never marketed before)

* DMC4 - No, maybe if it were exclusivly on PS3.

*MGS 4 - Yes

* Hot Shot 5 - No

* Killzone 2 - Yes

* GTAIV - Yes

* FFXIII (in Japan alone) - Not coming out in 08

*Gran Turismo 5:P (if you add both download via PSN and Disc sells) - Yes

The ones missing.

* Madden 09

* Fifa 09

* Pro Evo

* Fallout 3 (if same day as xbox360 release)

* Soul Calibur 4  

My sleeper picks

* Socom: confrontation (retail + downloads)

* StarWars: Force Unleashed