By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - These journalists couldn't stop smiling at Nintendo's fate

What you must remember is that the gaming press is much like the normal press, it needs people reading/viewing its contents, so when something isnt doing great, they do like to continue to go on about it.... but while people are consuming that information, then they will keep making it.

-----------------

PS - anyone know how to change my email address for my account, cannot find the option

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Th3PANO said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Well the laughing part was somewhat silly perhaps, but the Wii U is kind of irrelevant in terms of 3rd party support when compared to the PS4 and 720, which is what they were laughing at.

they also talked about wii u not really being next gen, so i guess ps 2 wasn't next gen back then?

I don't think the difference in specs between the Xbox/Gamecube and the PS2 is of the same magnitude as the difference between Wii and PS3/360 or Wii U and PS4/720. The last comparison still needs to be confirmed when 720 specs are released and PS4 confirmed, but the Wii one for sure.

doesn't change the fact that 3rd party titles looked much worse on ps 2. yes, they don't get 3rd party support from ea. many others. but nobody even mentions the indy developers where nintendo is really doing a great job lately. more so then microsoft and sony to be honest. more and more aaa developers will fall.

???

What are you talking about?

http://killscreendaily.com/media/uploads/shadow2.jpg

http://i0c.3djuegos.com/juegos/1418/god_of_war_ii/fotos/analisis/god_of_war_ii-252374.jpg

No game on Xbox or GC look better then those.

Don't talk about PS2 the best seeling, most supported legendary console, Nintendork. Show some respect.

happydolphin said:
BluGamer23 said:

Nintendoland and NSMBU system sellers? HAHAHAHAHAHA .. you should have been on that panel! 

Of course they are system sellers, nobody said the contrary. Just not by themselves and with a 300$ console. Especially, NSMBU isn't the same thing as when NSMB came out at the release of the DS Lite, when many other mainstream-attracting games had released, and Nintendoland is not Wii Sports.

These truths all serve as lessons learnt for us and for Nintendo, only a few among us had seen this play out before it happened.

Seriously now? ..

so would you say if wiiU gets a price cut NSMBU would shoot upwards in the chart and sell millions?

My point is it just doesnt do enough to differentiate it self to the wii version.. 

BluGamer23 said:

Seriously now? ..

so would you say if wiiU gets a price cut NSMBU would shoot upwards in the chart and sell millions?

My point is it just doesnt do enough to differentiate it self to the wii version.. 

You make a good point that people get fed up with ideas, but two arguments from vghistory disagree with your position:

1) COD, Madden

2) NSMB DS, NSMB Wii. Both sold well on a cheaper console which had many more selling games.

Desertghost said:

???

What are you talking about?

http://killscreendaily.com/media/uploads/shadow2.jpg

http://i0c.3djuegos.com/juegos/1418/god_of_war_ii/fotos/analisis/god_of_war_ii-252374.jpg

No game on Xbox or GC look better then those.

Don't talk about PS2 the best seeling, most supported legendary console, Nintendork. Show some respect.

He was talking about ports.

Th3PANO said:
NightDragon83 said:
Th3PANO said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Well the laughing part was somewhat silly perhaps, but the Wii U is kind of irrelevant in terms of 3rd party support when compared to the PS4 and 720, which is what they were laughing at.

they also talked about wii u not really being next gen, so i guess ps 2 wasn't next gen back then?

Ummm... are you saying PS2 was on par with Saturn/PlayStation/N64 then?  Otherwise that makes absolutely no sense.  The technical gaps from PS2 to GC/Xbox is completely different than Wii U to PS4/720 or Wii to PS360.

wii u isn't on par with last gen

Software says otherwise.  There's nothing out or upcoming on the Wii U that can't be done on PS360.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:

But what is even more incredible is that he isn't able to make the leap of faith that Nintendo may just have a decent 1st party (and hence 3rd party) line-up by the time its competition gets started.

The PS4 and nextbox should drop between September and November. It is already approaching May. How can anyone say the 1st and third party will be good by this time. Especially when almost all third party games are on PC, 360, PS3?

By using logic. Nintendo has barely released any games on a home console in the past 3 years. Do you think they're twiddling their thumbs?

I'll just tell you, they're not.

My post said nothing regarding Nintendo's third party which is obviously coming. Nintendo's first party does not sell all of Nintendo's hardware on is its own. I am thinking of the 64 and GameCube, so Pachter has plenty of reason to think more games will not create substantial sales increases along the lines that will cause the system to sell more than the N64.

chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:

But what is even more incredible is that he isn't able to make the leap of faith that Nintendo may just have a decent 1st party (and hence 3rd party) line-up by the time its competition gets started.

The PS4 and nextbox should drop between September and November. It is already approaching May. How can anyone say the 1st and third party will be good by this time. Especially when almost all third party games are on PC, 360, PS3?

By using logic. Nintendo has barely released any games on a home console in the past 3 years. Do you think they're twiddling their thumbs?

My post said nothing regarding Nintendo's third party which is obviously coming. Nintendo's first party does not sell all of Nintendo's hardware on is its own. I am thinking of the 64 and GameCube, so Pachter has plenty of reason to think more games will not create substantial sales increases along the lines that will cause the system to sell more than the N64.

Your question was "How can anyone say the 1st and third party will be good by this time."

For 1st party, the question is answered. As for 3rd party, looking at the Wii should give you an idea. By 2007, a few important games were released that sold a lot of units. Here is Carl's analysis and my response.

happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:
chocoloco said:
happydolphin said:

Your question was "How can anyone say the 1st and third party will be good by this time."

For 1st party, the question is answered. As for 3rd party, looking at the Wii should give you an idea. By 2007, a few important games were released that sold a lot of units. Here is Carl's analysis and my response.

Fair enough, I did not mean to include it.  You still have a lot of faith that the first party will be big by September or November. I really do not care about anyones analysis on here, but thanks. And the Wii has already proven not to be a great model for sales of the Wii U. It just is the most favorable model so you use it over others.

chocoloco said:

Fair enough, I did not mean to include it.  You still have a lot of faith that the first party will be big by September or November. I really do not care about anyones analysis on here, but thanks. And the Wii has already proven not to be a great model for sales of the Wii U. It just is the most favorable model so you use it over others.

If only that were true. Sadly the reality is that 3rd parties will no longer flock to Nintendo unless Nintendo proves its own system, which is only the case for Nintendo. As for Sony/MS, 3rd parties flock to their systems regardless of their popularity. It's the state of the industry so sadly bold isn't true.

The model I gave is how it is, and how it will be for Nintendo for a very long time.

As for 1st party games, I don't think that requires faith, but only information. Looking at the DS, the Wii, and now the 3DS, Nintendo has a way of giving blast-punches in terms of software support. They launch their software in pockets. Yes, the second launch will have games.