By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Puzzle Quest DS

Does anyone know how to beat the two-headed ogre boss. I've tried about 20 times now and pretty much given up. He seems to be able to have as many turns in a row as he likes and wipes out most of my life points before I even get a turn.

Around the Network

I cant rember that boss, but a good tactic against lots of the earlier bosses is to check his skills and mana drain when he gets close to the ability he wants to use, Also if you see a combo you can make of the blocks for his colour get it before him (unless there is a better move ie 4 of a kind or dmg)

When your leveling up put 70-80% of your stats into your main colour never put points into an ability that costs you more than the mimimum and get a mount that complements your main colour

Oh yeah the reson for the stat thing is every other stat you may need you can buy so save the extra ability points, also i found the troll ring and greater troll rings to be amazing usefull items if you can find them for sale

Thanks, how do I get a mount?

Also, what do you mean by "check his skills and mana drain"?

Is he even a boss? I remember facing him more than a few times. I don't know what's so hard about it, (I played it on PSP though), but I handled him no problem at all.

you should need the spell to freeze him for 3 turns.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Yes he is a boss, I think his name's Dugog. I only have a spell which freezes him for 2 turns so maybe the PSP version is different. As I said, he gets to go 1st and has lots of turns in a row wiping out all of my life points so even collecting enough gems to regenerate is almost impossible before he's then completely wiped me out.

By check his skills you have the option to see what his skills/abilitys do and there will be one that may give him extra turns (maybe more turns for every 5 of a certain colour mana) So your goal will be to stop him getting to much of whatever mana is causing problems for you, most characters have some sort of mana (magic) drain ability so go to your spell inventry and set them up so you got that one with you and use it whenever he gets close to having the amount of mana he needs to use his ability.

As for mounts once you defeat certain monsters a set number of times you next fight that and can make them a mount Spiders is the only one i can rember at the moment - these can be then trained up at a home town (staring town or any city you have sucsefully sieged) and the higher level they are the more stats they will add some mounts are better the worst is like +1 red for every 3 levels.

I've had a look in my inventory and I don't have a mana draining spell. Unfortunately I can't stop him getting what he needs because he goes first. On average he has 10 turns before I even get my first by which time he's got everything he needs and has taken my life points down to about 20.

If he goes first the one stat you can incress (cunning i think) will allow you to go first if its higher than is. but i can feel your pain there is certain points in this game where you just dont feel like the AI is playing fair like it knows what is going to drop and makes awsome combos that you would never have been able to.